What's new

The Fourth Protocol, any hopes of seeing this on DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I saw this on DISH this week and it reminded me of how much I enjoyed this film.

Anyone know if this will see the light of day??

Greg

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I have this on VHS tape. A nice OAR DVD would be wonderful. I really enjoyed Caine's performance in this film. :star: :star: :star:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It looks like the DVD Gods are smiling on me. :D :D This film is available in a Region 2 DVD that is anamorphic & has extras!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I just finished watching this DVD. The transfer is really very nice. I didn't notice any problems. Pretty decent 2.0 sound. It also had a 30 minute featurette with multiple short interviews with the film's principal players on both sides of the camera. I can now trash my old P&S VHS tape. Heartily recommended for Michael Caine fans & Pierce Brosnan fans.

This film & its premise about sneaking a small Atomic Bomb into a country predates Tom Clancy's "The Sum of All Fears" on film by 15 years. The frightening thing is that this could happen.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
....predates Tom Clancy's "The Sum of All Fears" on film by 15 years
Fredrick Forsyth is, IMHO, a superior writer. The book was a great read with an economy of style that Clancy lost after "Hunt for Red October". I would love to see all the film adapatations on region 1 DVD. As far as I can tell only "Day of the Jackle" and "Dogs of War" are available.

Loved "Day of the Jackle" while I found "Dogs of War" only ok but then again its source material was densely plotted. Christopher Walken as "Cat" Shannon just did not convince me.

With Pierce Bosnan's star ascending, region 1 release of "The Fourth Protocol" is a must. Seeing him as a very bad guy was so counter to his "Remington Steele" persona.

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
I have The Fourth Protocol on a p&s Laserdisc. I am holding on to it until the (Region 1) DVD comes out. It's a favorite movie of mine.

Daniel Windsor

Stunt Coordinator
This film & its premise about sneaking a small Atomic Bomb into a country...The frightening thing is that this could happen.

Yeah, Americans taking one into Iraq :D I think it's far more likely that people would fly planes into buildings. Much easier.

I have that UK DVD and it's very nice.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Wow this thing came back from the dead!

Now you guys got me wanting to go home and watch my shi**y VHS copy of it.

It sure would be nice to see a Region 1 DVD of this. Hell I would even take a bare bones edition of it.

Greg

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Political remarks such as the ones in post #9 are verboten here. Any further such remarks get the thread closed.

Daniel Windsor

Stunt Coordinator
Surely post #4 "This film & its premise about sneaking a small Atomic Bomb into a country...The frightening thing is that this could happen." is political?

It's a nonsense that that could happen and I replied in humour.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Another recommended DVD in the same Atomic Bomb vein as "The Fourth Protocol" & "The Sum of All Fears" is "The Peacemaker" with George Clooney. "The Peacemaker" has really nice action scenes & a lot of tension asthe man with the Bomb is stalked through the east side of NYC with the Bomb ticking away toward 00:00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnryan50189
Recent bookmarks