What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Alan Alda’s The Four Seasons is an intelligently written and wonderfully produced romantic dramedy showing married life in its many ups and downs through a year of couples interacting with one another.

The Four Seasons (1981)

Released: 22 May 1981
Rated: PG
Runtime: 107 min

Director: Alan Alda
Genre: Comedy, Drama

Cast: Alan Alda, Carol Burnett, Len Cariou
Writer(s): Alan Alda

Plot: Three couples vacation together every season. After one divorces, feelings of betrayal and more spawn criticisms of each other. But the things that keep them together are stronger than those which otherwise might pull them apart.

IMDB rating: 6.8
MetaScore: 55

Disc Information

Studio: Universal
Distributed By: Kino Lorber...

Continue reading...

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Thanks for the review. I watched this with the commentary on not long ago. Picture was fine, not great (there’s a shot in the Summer sequence that has vertical black lines running through the video), and even with inaccuracies in the commentary, I thought it was a good one- zero down time in the author’s thoughts. This has always been one of my favorite films.

JC Riesenbeck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
This was a blind buy for me mostly because of Alan Alda so I'll be looking forward to watching it. I'm hoping we'll eventually get a Bluray of Same Time, Next Year which I believe is a Universal release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CeruleanBlue
Recent bookmarks