the Fortress, not Chris Lambert POS

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Brent Cantrell, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell Stunt Coordinator

Anyone know any details, (rights, possibility of release, etc)for a mid-80's movie named the Fortress? As I recall, it was about a class taken hostage somewhere in Australia. Pretty cool movie with a slighty twisted ending. Anyone know where I can find (even a VHS) copy of this? Thanks.
    ------------------
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=BCantrell

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

3. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Supporting Actor

4. Scott Bell

Scott Bell Stunt Coordinator

Thats really weird...I just loaned my VHS copy to my mom yesterday...Great movie..I would like to see this on DVD sometime...got my copy years ago, sorry dont remember where...I would check the big Marts (Wal or K) in the under $10 movie rack...I think I saw one there a few months ago...hop this helps
    ------------------
    "What the smeggin' smeg have I smeggin' done?!" -Lister

5. Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell Stunt Coordinator

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

The Christopher Lambert POS was actually great when I saw a prerelease reel of the director's cut. It was changed dramatically after the production company got a hold of it. The whole happy ending thing was never a part of the original film. I think the DC might have ended up with a much higher rating. Unfortunately, I doubt that I'll ever see that directors cut again.
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

7. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

Intestinate John Brennick! [​IMG]
    I actually liked this movie, but the sequel stunk. It was also cool to see Kurtwood Smith in another movie besides Robocop.

8. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Wow! I loved that HBO movie Fortress. I remember seeing it on HBO when I was just a little kid. I'm only 21 now though.
    I have never forgotten the riddle they sing on the school playground: I'm the king of the castle, you're the dirty rascal. That one. Remember it?
    If anyone does EVER hear if it's going to be release on DVD, please post it here.
    Dang I want to see that again! It's been years.
    Jeffrey Noel [​IMG]

9. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

This is near the top of my wishlist to come to DVD. It scared me to death when I saw it as a kid, and that was hard to do. I remember a line where the teacher asks one of the students "Why didn't you dodge the bullet?" after he had been shot. Like dodging bullets is an easy thing to do!
    . Still I remember it being good and scary and I would buy it in a heartbeat.

10. DanielHEN

DanielHEN Extra

If you guys haven't heard, Fortress is now available on DVD. The film is 16x9 and it actually looks pretty good for a low-budget TV movie that is 20 years old.

11. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I rememeber reading the condensed version of the novel in one of those Reader's Digest books a few months before the HBO version came out. It was a nice little surprise that it was getting adapted.

12. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Actually, I kind of liked that Chis Lambert POS film. [​IMG] A shame that it's currently on a POS disc. It would be great if it could be reissued with a new transfer (anamorphic, of course) and some extras.....I'd definitely buy it. I wonder who owns it....Lionsgate?

13. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

I know it isn't exactly on topic with the real film of this thread, but can you expand on this with some more details about what was different in the director's cut you saw? IMDB doesn't say anything about additional/alternate scenes other than the abridged ending that sometimes airs on TV (where they just drive across the Mexican border).