What's new

Directors The Foreign Film Draft (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I hadn't realized that English-language films were eligible. I have a WHOLE BUNCH of English, Scottish, Irish and Australian films I could choose! Heck, I could go over 20 in that case.

Ratcatcher is a really really good movie. I saw it at the Chicago International Film Festival in 1999, when Lynne Ramsay was there and won Best Director for it. I like it much better than Morvern Callar.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I hadn't realized that English-language films were eligible
They shouldn't be. It was agreed at the beginning that this draft would be non-English films only.

I wouldn't have bothered participating otherwise. :p)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, if RATCATCHER isn't foreign language (I haven't seen it), I guess you should pick again, unless of course, its a dubbed film, as those are eligible.

We'll go to 12 only since 14 seems too much, and I don't have any problems with controversy, George. :) If you don't want to go to 12 though, you can stop at 10 like Scott said people can do in the Dream Girl draft and it won't be held against you in the voting or anything.

Cary T

Screenwriter
I've asked Justin if films fromt he UK were allowed. He respond saying any country except for Canada. Justin, need a ruling from you, does Ratcatcher qualify?

BTW Rain, it's your pick in Music :)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I think he just made the rules clear.

:p)

Pick again so I can log off. :D

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Damn, sorry about that. I've come to depend too much on the "Up next" and "On deck" shout-outs to keep me on my toes.

A couple of movies about kids:

Ponette

Small Change

Up next: Elizabeth S

On deck:

Brook K
George Kaplan
Rain

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks