What's new

THE FOG cover art on DVD Shrine! (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And it is SHARP, IMO!
thefogse.jpg

Looks like a 2-disc set. Can't wait.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
That is some Kick Arse coverart if do say so myself. Been waiting for this one for awhile. I can't wait! :)

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I think this looks very nice. Even though Jamie Lee Curtis and Adrienne Barbeau are easy on the eyes I'm glad they didn't go with that old VHS cover with the head shots of both of them.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
Thank God they didn't use the awful VHS cover!
0792846303.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, looks like Tony and I thought of this cover at the same time! :b

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Definitely on my to-buy list. I've always been a Carpenter fan, with the exception of 'Ghosts of Mars'.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Hell yeah, excellent cover!!! I've been dying for this Carpenter classic on DVD forever now, and I'm glad to see that the cover art is just wonderful! Blows away that shitty VHS art. Hopefully ROTLD and LAST HOUSE will have equally impressive cover art!

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
Theres a rarity for you, altered DVD cover art that looks as good as the original poster art. Nice job (for a change) MGM!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
First off, thanks Greg!!

Secondly...I love this cover art!

Can't wait to hear the Carpenter/Debra Hill commentary!

DennisTuck

Grip
First thing I can say is....

OH MY GOD MGM YOU RULE!!!!!!!!

This cover art is even better than the original one sheet that this movie had when it came out!!!! It definately relays the creepiness of the film. Maybe they'll release a 27"x40" DVD promo poster with this art, cause I'd definately need it up on my wall!!! It's incredible.

Now, to address a few things from earlier replies..

1.) To me it looks like a single disc, not a 2-disc. Mostly influenced by recent MGM SE's of TERMINATOR and USUAL SUSPECTS which are also double-sided single discs...

2.) about Carpenter himself. I personally thought that GHOSTS OF MARS was a step back into the right direction for him. It's more true to alot of his original works. VAMPIRES wasn't bad either, but not his greatest stuff. It's just that alot of his stories have Western influences.

My personal favorites of his are earlier films like HALLOWEEN, ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13, THE FOG, and BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA.

I tend to stay away from ESCAPE FROM LA (still haven't forgiven him and Kurt for making this piece of trash), IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS, VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED, THEY LIVE.

I'm more up in the air on THE THING and PRINCE OF DARKNESS.

Gotta gotta get this new release of THE FOG!!!! August can't come fast enough!!!!

Dennis T.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
:eek: :eek:
I think I just had one :b :b
Cant wait!!! for this DVD.
I was lucky enough to be able to see a Halloween/The Fog double feature on the big screen in NYC in the early 80s - Ive always had a weak spot for this movie.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: Bigtime!
Fantastic cover art! Quite a change from MGM's usual "let's see how many big, fat heads we can cram onto the cover" policy. Nice work. Simple, elegant, creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks