What's new

The Fog (Collector's Edition) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Derrick King said:
Synapse, not Shout, has TENEBRE (It should still be a totally rad release, and since it is using the French master, it'll look a lot better than Arrow's awful release.)
Oh, my mistake! You're right - it should be an amazing release. The Arrow version is pretty much unwatchable, and the forced subtitles have prevented me buying the French BD.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I love pre-1990 John Carpenter, so picking up one of my favourite horror films on blu-ray is a no-brainer. Good to know that Dean Cundey supervised the HD transfer (I still haven't bought the Halloween blu-ray because I hear the colour timing still looks like garbage, reducing the autumn-like appearance)! Somebody mentioned it earlier, but the film's mood is memorably creepy, apropos of a horror yarn set by the sea. It doesn't need gallons of gore to impress, only lots of fog, Carpenter's synth score, a great cast and a fertile imagination!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I remember one of the print reviews when it was released, in Newsweek I believe, and they called The Fog "the first poetic horror film". I've always loved that quote and couldn't agree more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks