What's new

The Flying Nun: Any News of a Complete Series Set? (1 Viewer)

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
The first two seasons of this three-season late-'60s gimmicky sitcom have already been out on DVD for years. The third and final season has been out there in lingo somewhere and has yet to be released.

Any news of the third season being released?

1624995445746.png

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
The first two seasons of this three-season late-'60s gimmicky sitcom have already been out on DVD for years. The third and final season has been out there in lingo somewhere and has yet to be released.

Any news of the third season being released?
I have also been waiting for the 3rd season on DVD.

I'm not positive about this, but I seem to recall that some 3rd season episodes have music/songs in them and if this is the case, maybe music clearance issues are what's preventing season 3 to be released on DVD. I'm not sure, just speculating. It is odd however that seasons 1 and 2 were both released on DVD in 2006 and season 3 has been in stall mode ever since. Very strange.

Last edited:

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Well, the 3rd season is up on Tubi - UNCUT episodes - and I'm not sure if any episodes are missing...

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
I have also been waiting for the 3rd season on DVD.

I'm not positive about this, but I seem to recall that some 3rd season episodes have music/songs in them and if this is the case, maybe music clearance issues are what's preventing season 3 to be released on DVD. I'm not sure, just speculating. It is odd however that seasons 1 and 2 were both released on DVD in 2006 and season 3 has been in stall mode ever since. Very strange.
Weren't a lot of those songs written for the show? I don't think that there would be a problem if that were the case.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Something has to be preventing the 3rd season from being released on DVD, if it isn't music then I don't know what the issue is. It's been 15 years since seasons 1 and 2 were released on DVD so I'm no longer hopeful that the 3rd season will be released. But if it happens I will buy it.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Odd that the last season was never released- music clearance issues?

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Caproni,

The same music clearance, B.S. excuse was used to explain the long delayed release of Ben Casey. Then out of nowhere, Ben Casey was released, uncut.
STILL waiting for the other seasons.

John

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
Well, the 3rd season is up on Tubi - UNCUT episodes - and I'm not sure if any episodes are missing...
It appears that all three seasons on available on Tubi to stream for free.

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
I've been watching The Flying Nun on YouTube and Tubi. There's a few episodes on the former, but the quality isn't the greatest. I'm actually enjoying the show thus far, despite misgivings presented on other forums where my online buddies haven't given the show the kindest of marks.

I think a primary reason I'm liking it so well so far is because of Sally Field, a charming actress I've always had something of a soft spot for. I've never particularly sought after her work, but I've enjoyed her in everything I've seen her in thus far. She's a good actress, but she's often sidelined in girl-next-door roles, especially when she was younger.

What I've gathered from sampling a few episodes is that The Flying Nun is your regular late 1960s sitcom. It's got routine stories with routine acting. The one thing I noticed that was missing was the laugh track, which is used sparingly considering the nature of this particular series. I was expecting something similar to the laugh tracks heard on Bewitched and Gilligan's Island, but The Flying Nun employs a very subtle and something of an underused laugh track.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
My two favorite films as a kid were The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins. So I loved The Flying Nun because she was a nun who was always in trouble and interacted with children like Maria and she could fly and make things turn out alright like Mary Poppins. I still have a fond feeling for the show and watch it now and then. It always makes me smile, and I still love the flying sequences. It makes me a bit sad that Sally Field doesn't look back on it more fondly since I loved it so a kid, she gave me a lot of enjoyment. But after reading her autobio, I realized she has good reasons to feel the way does. I am so pleased she has had a successful and fulfilling movie career.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I got my Sally Field's mixed up. Thought this was Gidget. I love Gidget, but don't much care about The Flying Nun.

Panavision70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick Notch
I first heard of the show the summer of '67 from a promo announcing Sally Field would appear later that night on The Joey Bishop Show to promote her new ABC series "The Flying Nun," which I assumed was a drama about a missionary who was also a pilot. I was 12.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
There's an amusing bit on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In with Sally Field in one of the cocktail party sequences. She has a telephone in hand and says, "Mother Superior, get over here quickly, there's a bunch of people here and they're all flying."

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
I am not a big fan of 'The Flying Nun' but its ok.I just checked out this list.Never been into game shows or soap operas,many of the british series I have not seen or heard of.So many great westerns,sitcoms.action adventure,cartoons-love 'The Ant and The Aaadvark and my favorite The Flintstones.The golden age of tv along with the 50's and some from the 1970's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks