What's new

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
I still haven't even sent my request. What's the email address and what do I have to include in the message?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I still haven't even sent my request. What's the email address and what do I have to include in the message?
Email Address:
[email protected]

Include your name, address, and phone number (Though I didn't include the latter and still got my Flintstones replacement disc!

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
Email Address:
[email protected]

Include your name, address, and phone number (Though I didn't include the latter and still got my Flintstones replacement disc!

Thank you for your kind assistance. I have just dispatched the email.

Edited to add: Within seconds, I got the automated reply. At least I know that my request is logged and is now in the queue.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Found 2 more zooms. They are both in the opening credits of "The Good Scout." The first is a zoom out (shrinking the image) on the title card. The 2nd is a zoom in when Fred kisses Wilma. I'm afraid this is going to keep happening throughout the set. Similar to the Wonder Woman issues. WB needs to find out why their system/technician is doing this. No one will say anything until it happens to one of their bigger titles.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Found 2 more zooms. They are both in the opening credits of "The Good Scout." The first is a zoom out (shrinking the image) on the title card. The 2nd is a zoom in when Fred kisses Wilma. I'm afraid this is going to keep happening throughout the set. Similar to the Wonder Woman issues. WB needs to find out why their system/technician is doing this. No one will say anything until it happens to one of their bigger titles.
This is rather unsettling! Could it be some intermittent disc encoding issue that's causing this zoom out/zoom in issue? It seems to me it should be getting caught, otherwise!

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I have no idea what is causing it, but it can't be source issues, since the first season credits were recreated and the same source used for every episodes. The fact that two of these examples came from these credits tells me that something has gone wrong. And the same thing happened with Wonder Woman.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I have no idea what is causing it, but it can't be source issues, since the first season credits were recreated and the same source used for every episodes. The fact that two of these examples came from these credits tells me that something has gone wrong. And the same thing happened with Wonder Woman.
This makes me lean even more heavily towards some sort of intermittent encoding issue! Is this zooming issue happening ONLY within the credit sequences?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If nobody minds a slight detour, this odd visual issue with the zoom reminds me that I meant to inquire about another strange issue that I saw with a different tv series on DVD with a particular episode (Green Acres).

The quality of the particular episode was a bit lackluster and there was a small marker of some sort on the right side of the screen. It would appear at the bottom right side of the screen for a second or so, disappear, and then reappear somewhat higher up the right side. It would keep disappearing and reappearing as it moved up the right edge of the screen until rolling back over to the bottom to repeat the process. Did this for all 25 minutes.

Anyone know what this indicator was? Looked baked into the film print itself, so I'm assuming it had some purpose for tv stations (And would be cut out by the station or hidden by a CRT's overscan area) rather than some modern day mistake like this Flintstones issue.

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
It's the Christmas episode from season 2 (Disc 2) titled 'An Old Fashioned Christmas'. I've circled in red an example of it.

My original MGM set isn't accessible at the moment, but I assume it's present there as well.

It's small and not objectionable, but hard to unsee when you notice it. But mostly I was just curious what the heck it was.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks