What's new

The Flintstones-cut episode (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
It is frustrating that out of six season sets, only one Flintstones' episode is cut...Season 3's The Big Move. Is there any way WB can fix it?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it is a syndication print...there is a scene of Fred at work after the night of jumping into the pool. Also, the teaser is missing...I think 3 mins. in all.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's a messed up episode - short and with crummier quality. I'd guess that this is all WB has and the original has gone missing, but that's just a guess. Doesn't make sense that they'd let quality lapse for this one episode if they had an alternative, though...

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Does Boomerang show this episode uncut? I think all of their Flintstones episodes are uncut, or very close to it. There are no commercials (just brief station ID's,) and the original opening on the earlier seasons was restored.

Jack

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Jack, I heard that this episode does indeed air uncut on Boomerang...unfortunately, we don't get that station on regular cable in Indianapolis.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by ScottR

It is frustrating that out of six season sets, only one Flintstones' episode is cut...Season 3's The Big Move. Is there any way WB can fix it?

Yep, that is strange that The Big Move is the only edited episode out of all 166 shows on the DVD's. I do have the uncut episode of The Big Move, recorded from Boomerang channel. I made a DVD of it and put it with my 3rd season set, so now I'm a happy camper.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I did not realize there were any cut episodes on The Flintstones DVDs. I guess I'll have to watch for "The Big Move" on Boomerang, like I have some of the other HB stuff.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
So what has been cut specifically? If the teaser is cut, good riddance - why include something that will be shown during the episode anyway? I fast forwarded those anyway including the opening title song is heard and started viewing when the story starts. But within the episode itself, what's missing exactly? Any help would be appreciated.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
There's a whole scene cut, of Fred at work suffering from a cold after being thrown in the pool the night before at the party staged by his freeloading rich neighbors in his new rich mansion. His mimicing of the snob's line "Everyone into the pew-el." was my favorite moment of the whole episode.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
In some Flintstones episodes, the opening teaser scene is unique, it introduces the episode and the scene is not shown again later on in the show. I don't know how many episodes were made in this fashion, but I have seen some that are like this. "Cave Scout Jamboree" is one example.

IanD

Stunt Coordinator
I remember Outer Limits did that for one episode, It Crawled Out Of The Woodwork. Very strange...

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Sorry to bump such a old thread, but I have a question about this cut episode.

I recently recorded this off Boomerang to make my season 3 DVD set complete (By the way, there's another scene missing from the official DVD that wasn't mentioned in this thread. It's when Fred arrives home and walks into his new apartment, the scene inside the apartment before he exits to the backyard to be thrown into the pool is missing on the official DVD but is intact on Boomerang).

Anyway, the Boomerang airing seems to have everything that is on the syndicated version included on the DVD, along with the missing teaser and those two additional scenes. But the running time is still very short compared to the uncut episodes on the DVD's?

I don't notice any cuts. Are the episodes on Boomerang just time compressed? I'm assuming it is and I guess I just can't tell. Or is this not the full episode after all?

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
And speaking of this episode you're talking about, there once was this closing logo error:

(basically, Turner simply smacked on the 1994 H-B "Comedy All-Stars" logo against the 1979 "Swirling Star" jingle... this as a result plastered the 1988 "CGI Swirling Star" logo as seen on later Program Exchange prints of the series - but the mention of "Screen Gems" after the in-credit H-B mention last seen on those older prints was also removed)

~Ben

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks