"The Flintstones Collection" LD: CAV access problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Saburo, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Saburo

Saburo Auditioning

Anyone have this laserdisc box set from 1995, the first fourteen episodes?

Well my brother had this set unopened for a few years so I decided to check it out. It looks terrific except for the final side with the supplemental features. When I try to access Chapter 29 ("How To Draw The Flintstones") my player totally whacks out, going into eternal search mode and the laser lens chirping for what seems like ten seconds before landing back at Chapter 28.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it documented that there were early pressings of this title with this glitch? And would there be any problems with actually exchanging the offending disc?

Thanks for any feedback!

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Sorry - don't have this title. Are you able to play it through? I mean, will it play through chapter 28 to 29? If so, you have a solution. LD is full of little glitches like this. It may be the disc or the player. If another player is available, try it on that one.

3. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

Damn, I've been wanting that set and just lost on Ebay are few weeks ago! I'd be interested in buying it if you can get past that strange spot.

4. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I have this box set and I never got to that disc in the set.

I'm curious of that section and I will make a note to look at it this evening or when I get a chance and I'll report.

Nelson

5. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Hey Saburo-

Happy Holidays!

I am watching that Flintsones Laserrock disc right now. It plays fine on my Pioneer DVL-91 DVD/LD player. It also plays fine on my older DVL-700.

Maybe the problem you're having is the need to use the "step" button. I find my new machine dosen't have that button while a lot of the older laser discs with suppliments has the ability to "step" frame by frame. The jog shuttle works on my newer player in place of the "step" key. But it takes some practice to get the speed right or it will overshot the frame.

What a great LD this is and it brings back so many childhood memories. The commercials are great that are included and the inclusion of the sponsors into the end credits is really nice to see as a part of TV history and how the shows were considered little more then places to put commercials into.

Nelson