What's new

The Flintstones Collection (Blu-ray) Coming Fall 2020 (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
RE: The Flintstones Blu-ray Season 1 / Disc 1 – Replacement

THE FLINTSTONES: THE COMPLETE SERIES Blu-ray set just arrived late this morning!

As this will be a Christmas present for the Mrs, I would like to deal with the disc replacement with as little fuss as possible!

Does anyone know whether it is possible to discern the difference between the sets that went out with the original Season 1 / Disc 1 Blu-ray containing the messed up Episode 17, and those that contain the corrected disc? I’m asking this as I want to avoid cracking open the set only to find it wasn’t necessary!

CHEERS :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There are no corrected copies out on store shelves yet - Warner is still working on creating the replacement. You don’t need to open the set to order a replacement disc, so put in the request now and you’ll get the disc whenever it’s ready.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
There are no corrected copies out on store shelves yet - Warner is still working on creating the replacement. You don’t need to open the set to order a replacement disc, so put in the request now and you’ll get the disc whenever it’s ready.
Thanks for the kind clarification, Josh! I've just put in my request!

Just as a friendly reminder to everybody, replacement disc requests are being fulfilled in the order that they are received!
Screenshot_2020-11-29 (52,224 unread) - yelsnebynot yahoo ca - Yahoo Mail - Automatic reply TH...png

CHEERS! :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Just as a friendly reminder to everybody, replacement disc requests are being fulfilled in the order that they are received!
View attachment 82624

As I just received my set I take it the instructions are in this thread? I am hurrying out the door so I don't have time at the moment to research. A simple YES and I will look tomorrow.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
As I just received my set I take it the instructions are in this thread? I am hurrying out the door so I don't have time at the moment to research. A simple YES and I will look tomorrow.

The link's quoted at the top of the page, so if I did say "YES", you might not see it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I see that The Flintstones set is back up to $60. I was going to try to contact Amazon where I bought my copy to request a price match. I waited too long. Oh well, easy come, easy go. Hopefully the replacement disc will be available soon.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I see that The Flintstones set is back up to $60. I was going to try to contact Amazon where I bought my copy to request a price match. I waited too long. Oh well, easy come, easy go. Hopefully the replacement disc will be available soon.
I'll be happy if the replacement disc that I requested today arrives before Christmas, but I understand COVID related delays and my spot in the queue could prevent this. I do like how Seasons 1 - 3 and Seasons 4 - 6 are in two separate cases within the box cover. Very elegant!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

View attachment 82624

Apparently, they also want your phone number included, which I didn't! I also only included my email address in the "To" portion, not in the main text field. Should my complete mailing address be good enough, or do I need to send another email, which may add to the confusion?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Apparently, they also want your phone number included, which I didn't! I also only included my email address in the "To" portion, not in the main text field. Should my complete mailing address be good enough, or do I need to send another email, which may add to the confusion?

Since Sherri Bogard didn't require a phone number for my previous disc replacement, I'm just going to assume failing to include it within my email won't be a deal breaker for the Flintstones disc replacement program, at least for the time being.

Harold Chasen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
I just got my replacement disc today. It looks the same as the original, so you have to play episode 19 to be sure. If it begins with music, it's the corrected one; if it is silent for a few seconds until Betty and Wilma talk, it's the defective original. Once I checked them, I marked the defective one with a sharpie so I don't mix them up.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Hello. I want to buy this set, but I just saw this at the other forum (besides the replacement program for the first disc that I know of):

The Flintstones are missing some pre-logue animation that occurs before the intro. Only a very small amount of the episodes retained it, most are missing. They contain story details so this is bad. Images are a list of episodes with this pre-logue missing.
7KcFzg7.png

OToKVhF.png

uNaVxHT.png

The HD masters are on HBO Max, so unfortunately it is incredibly likely that these omissions will be carried over to the Blu-ray.

So, are these omissions on the Blu-rays too?

EDIT: Oh, I just saw this in this site's review:
There had been some concerns that prologues before the opening credits might be missing, since that had been the case for the episodes presented this year on HBO Max. Thankfully, all of the episodes seem to have teasers and prologues intact, with episodes all having run times of no less than 25 minutes.

So, I guess we're OK!

Last edited:

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Hello. I want to buy this set, but I just saw this at the other forum (besides the replacement program for the first disc that I know of):

7KcFzg7.png

OToKVhF.png

uNaVxHT.png

So, are these omissions on the Blu-rays too?

EDIT: Oh, I just saw this in this site's review:

They're called teasers. I don't know what was meant by prologues especially when the writer wrote "teasers AND prologues" indicating two separate things.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
They're called teasers. I don't know what was meant by prologues especially when the writer wrote "teasers AND prologues" indicating two separate things.
A prologue is what I believe is also called a "cold open," because it's a mini-act meant to get you into the story of a certain week's broadcast before the title sequence (Emergency! did that for most episodes [one sixth-and-final-season episode, the pilot, and a few of the Final Rescues movies excepted], and O-R Jack Lord Five-O did likewise for a third of the run, before starting right at the top with the title sequence starting in the 5th go [1972-73], and then going to teasers near the end).

A teaser is a half-minute short digest of scenes from the episode being shown that night (as if to say, "Coming up on Riptide," for instance).

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yes - a Prologue or Cold Open typically sets up what you're about to see. It's usually enticing enough to keep you around for the show open and commercial break.

A teaser is a spoiler filled preview of what you're about to watch. It's also suppose to entice you to stick around but I often used them as the "Reader's Digest" version of a show to decide if I needed to see the full version. Most of the time I'd abandon those for a kitchen run as I didn't *want* to see what was coming up in the show.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks