What's new

The Flintstones Collection (Blu-ray) Coming Fall 2020 (1 Viewer)

Mark Y

Screenwriter
A couple of Flintstones questions:

Did the "Rise And Shine" intro really carry over into some early Season 3 episodes (during the original run)? That just seems odd to me.

Which episodes are supposed to have "Open Your Heart And Let The Sunshine In" under the end credits? On the DVDs it's that way on a few episodes, but I remember the episode "Seein' Doubles" had it in 1970s/1980s syndication. George "Jetson" O'Hanlon was the credited writer. He's still named as the writer of that episode on the DVD version, but it has the standard "Meet The Flintstones" closing theme. Why would there have been different versions?

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
The first 9 Discs will have 17 Episodes Per Disc. Disc 10 will have 13 Episodes and the 2 Movies. Also Featurettes. Also two 5 Disc Bluray standard cases with 4 Page Booklet listing all the Episodes and Special Features !
FLINTSTONES BLURAY.jpg

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If the clips in-between the fluff from the talking heads in the video uploaded to YouTube the other day is at all representative, I won't find it objectionable looking. I know it can and should look better and that it's been digitally tampered with to reduce grain, but it still looked good to my eyes.

Since I never found myself bothered with the picture quality of even the DVD releases, I'm more concerned about how complete the episodes themselves are. But the post above from Dawnshadow gives me some hope that the flaws initially spotted with these transfers when first made available have largely now been rectified.

Last edited:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
First Reviews are available from ...Why So Blu ? 5 Stars for Video ! Clarity and Detail : A thing of Beauty ! The colors Pop right off the screen ! :) The photos look Fantastic. It looks Better than The Jetsons and that has 8 Episodes per Disc.

Last edited:

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
It doesn't look better than the Jetsons, that's ridiculous.

For those who are interested, The Man Called Flintstone is presented in SD only - same with the WWE movie. What a wasted opportunity.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
S01E17 has been confirmed to be missing all the sound effects.

This episode also originally had these issues on HBO Max but got fixed. I find it hard to believe that they weren't fully aware that they were putting out the set with this error.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
S01E17 has been confirmed to be missing all the sound effects.

This episode also originally had these issues on HBO Max but got fixed. I find it hard to believe that they weren't fully aware that they were putting out the set with this error.

So review discs are defective. Several possibilities. They may have already fixed it for production, or they might delay the release, or they could proceed and do an exchange. The fact that it was fixed on HBOMax means they are aware of the issue.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
If what customers receive has this problem (And I bet they will; I don't see the sense in doing a small scale production run of review copies that are arriving now, for a product that is releasing to regular people in a week and a half) , they better fix it.

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Man, has there ever been a complete series video release that was perfect right off? So many times we have to deal with missing music, weird sound isues, missing scenes, bad credits, etc.

That Streets of San Francisco one was perfect, IMO.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Man, has there ever been a complete series video release that was perfect right off? So many times we have to deal with missing music, weird sound isues, missing scenes, bad credits, etc.

- Person of Interest
- Fringe
- the Nikita reboot

(all on bluray)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks