BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
How are they going to get all 166 outings on 10 Blus?
Lots of compression... You're looking at 5+ hrs minimum per disc. That said, I have a series which has 13 ~50 min episodes on a single disc. It looks OK - not as good as most BRs but better than most DVDs. It could be just fine. However, due to the way Scooby Doo was done (I don't like that show but it wasn't done very well) I'm going to wait for reviews.

• Appreciate
Reactions: bmasters9

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Warner Archives put 8 episodes of Jonny Quest and The Jetsons per disc for those releases. They, too, are HB from the same era with the same style. Twice the episode count, or more, per disc makes me question how good The Flintstones will look in comparison. You'd think if 16 episodes per disc would look that good then the Archives would have done 12 episodes per disc for those two HB releases and saved a disc per series which would have reduced production costs with fewer discs and a simpler case.

I'll be waiting for reviews solely due to the way their Scooby Doo release looks.

Ejanss

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Interesting to see Fred imitate another Jackie Gleason character, "Joe , The Bartender" as it is generally acknowledged that The Flintstones was taken/stolen from the Honeymooners.
The show didn't make much secret of its Honeymooners origins, and sometimes paid tribute--
In one episode, Fred loses a game of Scrabble to wise-kid Arnold the Newsboy:
"He kept making up these words, like 'Esoteric', and 'Polopponies'!"
"That's 'Polo ponies'!"

(Now, as to whether Hanna & Barbera had stolen the town of Bedrock from Tex Avery's cartoon "The First Texas Bad Man", during their years at MGM, that's another matter for cartoon conspiracy-theorists...)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It’s an older 4x3 show with monaural sound that was animated on the twos - the data simply doesn’t take up a lot of disc space.
Thank you!
I have the Six Million Dollar Man BD set--ten 50 minute episodes per disc averaging 9 MBPS. Gorgeous, one of the best looking BD sets in my collection.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'm more concerned about the missing teasers, missing audio tracks, and so on that have been reported with the streaming episodes than I am picture quality.

I preordered since $60 is a good deal if the product turns out well, but I'm glad Amazon is taking their sweet time to fill orders these days. Hopefully some guinea pigs will get this before Amazon ever ships mine and if there are major problems, I'll have time to cancel.

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
I just noticed on Amazon The Flintstones Complete Series has been pushed back 2 weeks to October 27 release date now. It was October 13th. ? :huh: ? :unsure: ?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Have they issued a press release for Bugs Bunny too which has been pushed back to December 1st?
No. Only received one press release within the past 30 minutes with a revised street date for The Flintstones.

If I hear anything about Bugs Bunny I will post it in that thread, but for the moment, it kind of seems like similar situations for both titles.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Bill Hunt is reporting on his site that Bugs Bunny has been pushed back to 12/1, however, the way it is worded, this didn't come from an official Warner announcement. I think it's valid, but he's just going off of the Amazon street date change.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Bill Hunt is reporting on his site that Bugs Bunny has been pushed back to 12/1, however, the way it is worded, this didn't come from an official Warner announcement. I think it's valid, but he's just going off of the Amazon street date change.
There is no doubt in my mind that it's pushed back and that you will most likely see a press release for that delay in the next week or so.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I'm more concerned about the missing teasers, missing audio tracks, and so on that have been reported with the streaming episodes than I am picture quality.
The Flintstones DVD sets that came out from 2003 to 2005 included the original teasers, audio tracks and the correct ending credits for all episodes for Seasons 3 through 6. The original end credits for Seasons 1 and 2 could not be found so a generic one was created by Earl Kress, the producer of the DVD sets for all episodes of Seasons 1 and 2 and a few Season 3 episodes that still used the original Rise and Shine beginning theme song. One episode in Season 2 (going from memory) did not have its teaser but all of the other 165 episodes did include a teaser. I would hope that the complete series Blu-ray set follows in the path of the DVD sets.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Yes, but the new HD streaming episodes that popped up a few months back do have the major problems I've spoked about. And it's going to be these new transfers that they're utilizing for this new Blu-Ray set.

Season 3 is when Pebbles was born, right? If so, the situation on DVD for that season still had significant issues that fans care about. I'm happy to learn that the ending credits are correct, but I recall multiple episodes with the incorrect introduction when I rewatched that set about 6 months ago (Not to mention a syndicated version of one episode was used with a missing scene and lesser picture quality, which thankfully has been rectified on HBO Max and likely this Blu-Ray set).

I'm crossing my fingers that Warner has heard the complaints about the numerous problems here with what they've put up on HBO Max and are busy fixing them for this release and future tv airings and streaming, but I figure we have a 50/50 chance of problems actually being fixed. So I'm going to follow the matter closely when this set first reaches people's hands, hopefully in time to cancel my preorder if Amazon is slow in prepping my preorder for shipment like I'm sure they will be.

My backup plan if this set is a disaster is just to buy the last complete series DVD set they released. The case looked fine in unboxing videos (Unlike at least one earlier complete series set) and I never did get seasons 4 and 5 on DVD. This would net me those two seasons while letting me replace my flippers, and I don't mind missing out on the bonus content of seasons 4 and 5. And while I'm aware that what was on DVD wasn't always 100% exact to what originally aired, I didn't view any problems as killers and have been very happy with the four seasons I do own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg Chenoweth

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An Elvis Fan