darkrock17

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I am, yes. They crammed the episodes onto four BD-25s and applied tons of DNR, destroying the look of the original animation. The unmolested original HD transfers are on Amazon and iTunes and they look beautiful.
How bad do they look, Sword In The Stone bad, were Disney scrubbed out blurred almost every black line?

LeoA

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The Man Called Flintstone was their only animated theatrical film, so what would the other one be, The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones?
Everything before and after were either TV specials or direct to video. That TV movie makes more sense than anything recent.
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the first post. I thought it was implying that there was a second theatrical movie and you were asking if The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones was it.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Not sure what you were asking about then, since the first post appears to me to read as if you're inquiring about the nature of the release of The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones (i.e., was it theatrical, tv, or even direct to video would've been possible at that point since VHS was taking off so well).
I was just wondering what the other film might be, but I didn't read the blurb underneath the cover art that said what two films were being included. The second is 2015's The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age Smackdown.

Reactions: LeoA

LeoA

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Darn, you were quick. I had just edited my post when I realized where I went wrong. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
I think the version on HBO Max is the new restoration but don’t quote me on that.

LouA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Current Amazon price is great. Anyone know how these discs will be packaged? I hope they won’t use slotted cardboard pages.

Mark-P

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The original HD version is on Amazon and iTunes if that's what you're asking.
Nope. ITunes and Amazon is SD. HBOMax is the only place The Flintstones is currently in HD. However The Jetsons and Jonny Quest were recently bumped up to HD on iTunes so I expect Flintstones will get the same treatment closer to release day.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Nope. ITunes and Amazon is SD. HBOMax is the only place The Flintstones is currently in HD. However The Jetsons and Jonny Quest were recently bumped up to HD on iTunes so I expect Flintstones will get the same treatment closer to release day.
The discussion was clearly relating to Scooby-Doo, not The Flintstones.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
Not all that clear, I thought it was a question about the flintstones too.
There’s a discussion about it, in order, and the messages all contain quotes that link the conversation up. If you missed that, it’s because you didn’t read it correctly. There’s literally no way we could have been clearer unless you wanted me to write “I’M STILL TALKING ABOUT SCOOBY-DOO” at the start of each post, just so you can be lazy and not read the context.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
There’s a discussion about it, in order, and the messages all contain quotes that link the conversation up. If you missed that, it’s because you didn’t read it correctly. There’s literally no way we could have been clearer unless you wanted me to write “I’M STILL TALKING ABOUT SCOOBY-DOO” at the start of each post, just so you can be lazy and not read the context.
Yeah we don’t insult people around here.
So try to relax as it’s not that big Of a deal.

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Not all that clear, I thought it was a question about the flintstones too.
Yep - the whole thing went off track. I even thought those screen caps were about the HD Flintstones until I looked at them. They had this side discussion about Scooby mixed in the comments about the Flintstones set. Every time I saw one I had to go back to figure out what they were talking about. It wasn't clear at all...

noel aguirre

Supporting Actor
Premium
Real Name
noel
This is an exciting release but this screams for better packaging in that what I see on Amazon for such an iconic animated series is like-meh? It deserves a Lost in Space, Dark Shadows, Batman w a “Yaba-Daba-Do!” audio button style packaging or more.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
This is an exciting release but this screams for better packaging in that what I see on Amazon for such an iconic animated series is like-meh? It deserves a Lost in Space, Dark Shadows, Batman w a “Yaba-Daba-Do!” audio button style packaging or more.
You could always buy this and put the discs in it.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gr8Dane