The Flinstones Season 2 / Man called....

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John KB, Aug 26, 2004.

1. John KB

John KB Second Unit

May 27, 2003
    Season 2 and A Man Called Flinstone are both being released the same day. Sounds like a great dvd. I barely remember A Man Called Flinstones. I really don't remember liking it that much.

Warner Home Video has just announced that they will release Flintstones: Season 2 on December 7th, which we previously reported. This 4 disc set will include all 32 episodes from season 2, and will retail for $44.98 US. The picture will be full frame, and audio will be English, French and Spanish mono, along with matching subtitles. If you purchase 2 Collectible Animation titles you'll save $5, or purchase 3 to save $10!

Let's take a look at the set:

Disc 1

*The Hit Songwriter
    *Droop Along Flintstone
    *The Missing Bus
    *Alvin Brickrock Presents
    *Fred Flintstone Woos Again
    *The Rock Quarry Story
    Disc 2

*The Soft Touchables
    *Flintstone Of Prinstone
    *The Little White Lie
    *Social Climbers
    *The Beauty Contest
    *The Masquerade Ball
    Disc 3

*The Picnic
    *The House Guest
    *The X-Ray Story
    *The Gambler
    *A Star Is Almost Born
    *The Entertainer
    Disc 4

*Wilma's Vanishing Money
    *Feudin' And Fussin'
    *Impractical Joker
    *Operation Barney
    *The Happy Household
    *Fred Strikes Out
    *This Is Your Lifesaver
    *The Mailman Cometh
    *The Rock Vegas Story
    *Divided We Sail
    *Kleptomaniac Caper
    *Latin Lover
    *Take Me Out To The Ball Game Dino Goes Hollyrock Fred's New Boss
    Special Features Include:

*Commentary on "The Hit Songwriter", "The Beauty Contest", and "The Happy Household" by Jerry Eisenberg (Layout Artist), Earl Kress (Writer/ Animation Historian) and Scott Shaw (Cartoonist/ Hanna-Barbera Historian).
    *Carved in Stone: The Flintstones Phenomenon (RT 23:00 retrospective documentary)
    *Music Video: Songs of the Flintstones Album (the original TV voices - written by Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera; starring Fred & Wilma Flintstone and Barney and Betty Rubble; music director - Hoyt Curtin TRT 20:00)
    *Production Sketches: How to Draw Fred Flintstone (RT 7:00 original archival piece)
    *Flintstone Art (RT 6:00 explore rare original pencil drawings)
    *TV Spot: And Now A Word from Our Sponsor (One-A-Day Vitamins [new spot] interstitial RT 1:00, Welch's Grape Jelly 4 x :15 interstitials, Kitchen Rich Cookies RT :30 interstitial, Carnation Evaporated Milk 2 x :15 interstitials - note: Spanish audio)
  2. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

Oct 10, 2003

John KB Second Unit

May 27, 2003
    Opps, sorry, missed that thread. Oh well each season of the Flinstones should have its own thread IMHO. [​IMG]
  4. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Mar 11, 2004
    I was wondering...I know most of us already know about the Flintstones "Winston cigarettes" commercials, which may or may not be included in a future Flintstones season set, but does anyone here remember a 1967 Flintstones "Busch Beer" commercial that ran 27 minutes? I know it's hoping against hope that this will eventually be included in a future Flintstones set, but it looks like it's definitely worth a look. Here's a link on the subject: