What's new

The Flight of the Dragons (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Anyone remember "The Flight of the Dragons?" I was thinking about this movie this past weekend, trying to remember it's title. Basically, from what I can recal from UHF airings in my youth, it's the story of a fantasy writer and gamer who magically is transported into his game, and becomes a dragon.

I remember a lush animation, beautiful voicing from John Ritter, James Earl Jones, and more, and a beautiful soundtrack reminiscent of the song "Knight of White Satin."

Am I the only one who remembers this, and would love to see it on DVD?

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Any connection with the Peter Dickinson book of the same title? ( a nicely illustrated tome in which the author tries to prove that dragons might possibly have once existed )

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Not to hijack ur thread but I was also wondering if another animated movie would be coming out on DVD. Anyone remember "Fire and Ice"?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Get your own damn thread! ;)

I don't remember that title, but I'm not good with names. And if you want attention to that title, I'd suggest starting a thread on that title in the software forum.

So are we few the only ones who remember this film? Please, remenisce with me. Rekindle a tired young man's youth!

Eric F

Screenwriter
Lots of people remember it. It was a Rankin and Bass made for TV movie. Along with the Last Unicorn it was one of their best.

One of these years they'll both come out on DVD in R1. FoD isn't out anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks