1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash - season 6 (The CW)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton Screenwriter

Thomas Newton
    Maybe the writers were trying to be more realistic than the comics, where the heroes are often completely isolated. (Green Lantern Corps isn't that way, but we haven't seen them show up in the ArrowVerse TV series yet.)

Maybe they're trying to save money on the special effects.

Or maybe they use teams because that's the way they write every other non-ArrowVerse TV show. (Modify standard cop show template until you get a superhero show template?)

Who really knows?

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

It looks like Allegra was either Nash's daughter on the Earth he was from, or at the very least had a very paternal relationship with the Allegra from his Earth.

Interesting to get that flash of the Earth-2 Wells near the end of the episode; the first step toward making Team Flash aware of the new multiverse?

I'm guessing that it's the Blackhole ringleader's wife Eva, occupying Iris's body. I thought they did a good job dropping red flags that something was up with Iris without making it so obvious that Barry would seem like an idiot for not realizing that she wasn't his wife.

We don't necessarily need to see Iris's professional life, but the idea that she should just be sitting around waiting for Barry to come home seems very outdated.

Absolutely. On the other hand, "Iris" is right that it should be up to her whether she's willing to take those risks.

The thing about a comic book is that the heroes can stand on their own because we have thought bubbles and voiceover captions to get inside their heads. Those aren't available for a TV show, so having a team provides a way to externalize debates that would otherwise occur inside the hero's head.

I will say that "Batwoman" so far has avoided the team framework. It's basically a partnership between Kate and Luke. I don't think "Superman and Lois" will be a large team show, either.

3. Garysb

Garysb Producer

"I'm guessing that it's the Blackhole ringleader's wife Eva, occupying Iris's body. I thought they did a good job dropping red flags that something was up with Iris without making it so obvious that Barry would seem like an idiot for not realizing that she wasn't his wife."

I would prefer the person with Barry be Iris's Id or double from the mirror world rather than Eva. Make her a part of Iris to explain why she fools everyone and knows all about Iris's life. She could even be the strong confident side of Iris without her doubts and fears. In photos from upcoming episodes it appears the Iris is working with Eva willingly in the mirror world presumably to get out. Of course, that may not be what is in the pictures.

4. Message #44 of 66 Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Garysb

Garysb Producer

Another episode that was Barry Allen light. That is the third episode in a row. Hope he is back center stage soon. No Cisco or Caitlin in this episode. May be the first episode where both were missing except perhaps during a Crisis. I actually liked the episode. I think Sue got a good introduction for the most part. Its the start of an arc for her and she has room to grow. The mirror story is OK but they need to move Iris and Eva out of there soon or it will become very boring. Maybe have Iris stay under cover to figure out what fake Iris is up to. One thing I noticed is that Barry always kisses fake Iris on the cheek instead of the lips. Why the lack of affection on Barry's part if he is unaware that this is not his wife.

5. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Yes, as mentioned before, we need to get this mirror story resolved soon. I am glad that mirror-Iris was not Eva, but is a distorted version. I do wish they did show her having more problems on our side of the mirror. Perhaps some dyslexia or misreading a b as a d.

I was disappointed that Sue appeared to be just a greedy thief until the very end, where we see she is connected to the whole Blackhole business as well. She and Ralph had such great chemistry.

6. Message #46 of 66 Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Garysb

Garysb Producer

Sue needs a story arc to get to a place where she and Ralph are a couple. I have no problem with her starting out as a thief or maybe she is undercover to bring down Blackhole, or she is working for them. Who knows?
    The Iris story still has mystery. If mirror Iris was created when Iris was pulled into the mirror, whose hands pulled her in? If Mirror Iris was in the mirror world and pulled in Iris, then Eva is lying about being the only person in the mirror world for the six years she has been there. If Eva pulled her in then she is lying about not being able to get out. I believe Eva is supposed to be the new Mirror Master in the post Crisis world so she is probably lying about something. She is a gender switch of Evan McCulloch from the comics, who is one of the characters who is Mirror Master. Perhaps something happens to Eva when she gets out or maybe at first only Iris gets out which causes Eva to become Mirror Master. Lots of possibilities.

NeilO likes this.
  7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

I liked that tonight's episode delved into the fallout of "Crisis" a bit more, with the Central City of Earth-Prime differing from the Central City of Earth-1 in a number of ways.

I'm guessing that those were the episodes shot when Grant Gustin was shooting the crossover.

Given that Cisco's apparently back next week, I'm guessing that Carlos Valdes was also off shooting the crossover.

We get very little Caitlin period anymore. I think it's because Frost is more fun to write for than Caitlin.

I'm guessing he instinctually knows, even if he's consciously accepted that she's his wife.

Yeah, they were terrific together. The show did a great job of casting Sue, and last week's episode captured a lot of her complexities. With the final reveal, the mystery deepens.

Eva is in certainly in league with faux-Iris. I think Eva really is trapped, but I think whatever her agenda is makes it easier keeping Iris trapped with her.

NeilO likes this.
  8. Message #48 of 66 Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Garysb

Garysb Producer

In The Flash, Fake Iris is probably the mirror image of Eva or Eva can produce a copy of whoever is pulled into the mirror world and control them.For some reason whatever pain Eva feels the copy also feels. Does that mean the copy is a part of Eva? No explanation as to why fake Iris knows all about Iris's life.

Ralph missing again this episode. He seems to be on his own show as his story is unrelated to anything else happening on The Flash . He has had little contact with anyone else on the show since the crossover. Sort of like a spin off within the show. Maybe he will appear once a month with his story and give the rest of the cast a break during the Ralph story episodes. Using Ralph's story as filler episodes.

9. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Now it is confirmed that Eva has some nefarious plans and is working with the out-of-the-mirror-Iris. I really hope they wrap this part of the story very soon. This was episode 13 and there should be 22 episodes total this season.

And it appears Reverse Flash is returning. He already haunted Nash Wells this episode.

10. Message #50 of 66 Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Garysb

Garysb Producer

I expected something more from the Barry can't find where his parents are buried subplot. I thought they would find that the graves no longer exist. Then Jay and Joan Garrick would be found to be on this Earth. They have replaced his parents on this new Earth but they are not Barry's parents. There didn't seem much point to this subplot. There are other signs things have changed like the railroad where there was none before. It wasn't essential that Chester do one more thing to prove his worth. That point had already been made.

I guess we will find out if Chester will eventually replace Cisco as they seem to service the same function on the team especially since Cisco is no longer Vibe. Maybe Cisco will become a part timer on the show with Chester filling in when Cisco is off somewhere.

With the Barry, Iris, Ralph, and Harrison Wells plots going on simultaneously there has been very little of the team working together since the Crisis. I assume the plots will eventually come together. Everything will be related to Black Hole. Must be easier for the actors as they are not required to be in every scene even Grant.

11. Garysb

Garysb Producer

Now Kayla Compton as Allegra has also been promoted to a series regular for Season 7. As previously said there are way too many series regulars on this show. I guess Natalie Dreyfus as Sue Dearbon will be next.

12. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Was there a new episode last week?

I just started to watch a new episode my TiVo recorded form the 3rd entitled “Death of the Speed Force” with the return of Kid Flash. But the recording itself was a repeat of the Valentines Day episode. Looking ahead at the info for the new episode this week shows the same episode title and story description with Kid Flash.

Just crappy TiVo program info from last week?

13. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

It does seem like Carlos Valdes is going the same way that Willa Holland did, with fewer and fewer episodes each season. It kind of seemed like they were ready to write him out last season.

If Chester does replace Cisco as the tech expert on Team Flash, I hope he turns it down significantly. His energy is so overpowering that I find it irritating.

This promotion I'm happy about. I've really enjoyed her character since she was introduced.

I think it's more likely that Ralph will be written out, going off into the sunset with Sue -- perhaps in their own spinoff.

Both Tuesday's episode of "The Flash" and Tuesday's episode of "Legends of Tomorrow" were supposed to air last Tuesday. The CW made the decision not to try and compete against Super Tuesday after the press releases used for guide data were made available.

Sean Bryan and NeilO like this.
  14. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Nice to see "The Flash" acknowledge the post-Crisis reality for doppelgangers that "Batwoman" introduced. It does raise the question why the two Winns didn't experience similar symptoms.

Parts of zen Wally were cool, parts were just obnoxious.

I'm guessing that the mirror gun transported Kamilla into the same realm as Eva and the real Iris.

NeilO likes this.
  15. NeilO

NeilO Producer

If that is the case, I wonder what Iris will think and what explanation Eva will give. I hope that storyline comes to a head very soon, but the next episode preview looked like it was more of a Thawne centered episode. Unless Kamilla is also replaced, I would think that Cisco is going to want to know where she disappeared.

16. Message #56 of 66 Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Garysb

Garysb Producer

Will there be a fake Kamilla to replace the real one? Will fake Kamilla be less affectionate to Cisco like fake Iris and Barry? This is beginning to resemble a knock off of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." We still don't know Fake Iris's and/or Eva's plan.

On the Ralph front they didn't even bother to explain where he was during this episode.

This was the first episode I noticed where Danielle Pennebaker needed to be hidden behind objects to conceal her pregnancy. I wonder if Frost is finished for the season and only Caitlin will appear.

17. Message #57 of 66 Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    Garysb

Garysb Producer

The Flash has ceased production until further notice on its current season due to the coronavirus. All Arrowverse shows that were still filming including Supergirl and Batwoman have also ceased production. Legends has already finished filming for this season. Black Lightening has already aired their final episode for the season. I read unofficially that Supergirl was only going to have 20 episodes this season due to Melissa's pregnancy. They were going to take a short break and resume filming for next season. Now I assume that is all up in the air.

‘The Flash’ Shut[​IMG]
    The Flash -- "Into The Void"Photo: Jeff Weddell/The CW
    EXCLUSIVE: The CW/Warner Bros. TV drama The Flash is the latest series to suspend filming as the the coronavirus pandemic continues to engulf the world. Facing the health crisis and amid numerous bans of large gatherings by the authorities in the U.S. around the world, all TV production is expected to stop eventually.

The Flash unit manager Brent Crowell announced the shutdown “until further notice” in a note to cast and crew. It is effective today, March 13, and everyone is advised not to report to work.

The Flash, from WBTV and Berlanti Prods., films in Vancouver. It joins another Vancouver-based WBTV/Berlanti Prods. series, Riverdale, which suspended production two days ago over a crew member’s suspected contact with coronavirus.

18. Message #58 of 66 Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Garysb

Garysb Producer

It seems doubtful that the show will resume production for this season. It probably means we will have to wait until October for the end of the current season. Not sure how many episodes they had completed filming and whether post production has been able to continue on episodes that had completed filming. The CW is already stretching the episodes they have left as the show will not air a new episode until April 7th.
    They are rerunning Ralph's last appearance, where he met Sue next week.

19. Garysb

Garysb Producer

There has been no word on how many episodes were fully completed before the shutdown. I believe they finished filming 19 or 20 episodes but there has been no mention of how many episodes' special effects have been completed. Supernatural aired its last finished episode this week which was episode 13. While Supernatural finished filming 18 of 20 episodes, the special effects for episodes 14 - 18 were incomplete when everything stopped.

20. NeilO

NeilO Producer

They might be able to work on special effects in creative ways without gathering people together. I've no idea about that, though.