What's new

The Flash - season 5 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The strange thing about them saying that Barry's mother dying being such an important event is that the whole show is in an alternate timeline because she didn't originally die and the accelerator explosion happened 10 years earlier than scheduled. I wonder if we are ever going to see that other Earth?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That ending scene with the new vaguely French Canadian Wells and Nora has me thinking that maybe Nora and Iris in the future aren't actually estranged, but rather co-conspirators to change the timeline, and perhaps Nora's avoiding her mom because she's afraid she'll find out.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
That ending scene with the new vaguely French Canadian Wells and Nora has me thinking that maybe Nora and Iris in the future aren't actually estranged, but rather co-conspirators to change the timeline, and perhaps Nora's avoiding her mom because she's afraid she'll find out.
I wouldn't be surprised. There are a lot of complications when meddling with the past. Barry is safer since he is not in Nora's present - she can consider any interactions with him safe.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, now we know why Nora is so nasty to Iris all of the time. It was nice to see Barry finally stick up for Iris, though.

"The Flash" doesn't do journalism particularly well, but it still does it a lot better than "Supergirl" does.

I like Ralph the moderately competent P.I. a lot better than Ralph the letch or Ralph the tiresome comic relief.

I love that there's a random yellow metal pole in the middle of Cicada's living room to conveniently portray his newly developed superstrength.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, now we know why Nora is so nasty to Iris all of the time. It was nice to see Barry finally stick up for Iris, though.

"The Flash" doesn't do journalism particularly well, but it still does it a lot better than "Supergirl" does.

I like Ralph the moderately competent P.I. a lot better than Ralph the letch or Ralph the tiresome comic relief.

I love that there's a random yellow metal pole in the middle of Cicada's living room to conveniently portray his newly developed superstrength.
Ralph was really good in this episode.

When Cicada was squeezing the pole I was thinking, "I hope that isn't load bearing."

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I'd noticed that his role seemed to be getting reduced, even at the end of season 4. I was wondering if they thought they had progressed past the point of needing a mentor figure.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
With Cisco off this episode I wonder if all the characters will be taking episodes off, except Barry of course. Could be budgetary or maybe Carlos Valdes needed time off. Was this the first episode he was written out of, excluding crossovers?

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
With Cisco off this episode I wonder if all the characters will be taking episodes off, except Barry of course. Could be budgetary or maybe Carlos Valdes needed time off. Was this the first episode he was written out of, excluding crossovers?

Looks like this was the first episode he missed. He's actually been in all of the Flash crossover episodes, although he has sat out a few of the crossover episodes from other series.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Now we know why Caitlin's powers have operated differently than all of the other metas: because she's a science experiment, not a regular meta. It's still iffy that ice powers would create multiple personalities, but at least it's an explanation.

They get better with the Killer Frost hair and makeup with each new iteration. The effect is a lot more subtle now, which in turn sells it better.

Sherloque Wells is starting to wear a bit thin at this point. Enjoyed the Iris/Nora mother daughter bonding in spite of that.

The height difference between Ralph and Cecile is... significant.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
It’s probably been discussed earlier in this thread, but I’m having a hard time getting past Barry’s ugly new suit. It’s just so bad. What were they thinking?

I suppose the body of the suit is fine, but the helmet/cowl is terrible. The top of his head is way too big compared to the bottom. He looks like he has a caveman forehead and an alien back/top of the head. It’s way unbalanced and top heavy compared to his chin.

They need to bring back the chin strap which would balance out his head (which is why it was there in the first place) or they need to make the top part much thinner.

I thought it was bad when I saw pictures of it before the season started, but hoped it might look better in live action. It doesn’t. I hoped I’d get used to it as the season progressed. I haven’t. And it keeps pulling me out of the episodes.

It’s been bugging me, so I just wanted to finally vent about it.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
The 100th episode directed by Tom Cavanagh was a nice look back about events from seasons past.
Interesting ending teaser.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
The 100th episode directed by Tom Cavanagh was a nice look back about events from seasons past.
Interesting ending teaser.

Agreed. It was fun going back to so many important moments from the show's past. Quite a shocker of an ending though.

What the heck is up with Nora sending messages to and conversing with Reverse Flash in the future? Is she trying to save Barry from that 2024 headline or something?

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I had my doubts about this whole "Elseworlds" crossover but the major reveal about "
Crisis on Infinite Earths
" was a major reveal and the major reveal that it's coming "Fall 2019", sent shivers down my spine. I just hope that they adapt is right and introduce more characters. Here's hoping that they wise up and bring the event through Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman and Black Lightning along with others such as Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes, Firestorm, Martian Manhunter and others.

Yes, I know that Firestorm was removed via Martin Stein. But, hopefully they would bring the character back since it's possible that Martin Stein and Ronnie Raymond exist on another Earth and that Legends might be a tough one to call since its on the bubble right now.

But, I think that Greg Berlanti messed up. In the comics, where the Monitor was introduced, Marv Wolfman and George Perez introduced him New Teen Titans but slowly built the character up. I think that's what they should have done here, introduced him a few episodes back and then go with that. But, I'm wondering if we'll see the appearance of the Monitors, who were introduced as a race back around Infinity Crisis.

All in all, it was a good crossover, even though the whole body swapping thing didn't sell me.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I had my doubts about this whole "Elseworlds" crossover but the major reveal about "
Crisis on Infinite Earths
" was a major reveal and the major reveal that it's coming "Fall 2019", sent shivers down my spine. I just hope that they adapt is right and introduce more characters. Here's hoping that they wise up and bring the event through Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman and Black Lightning along with others such as Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes, Firestorm, Martian Manhunter and others.

Yes, I know that Firestorm was removed via Martin Stein. But, hopefully they would bring the character back since it's possible that Martin Stein and Ronnie Raymond exist on another Earth and that Legends might be a tough one to call since its on the bubble right now.

But, I think that Greg Berlanti messed up. In the comics, where the Monitor was introduced, Marv Wolfman and George Perez introduced him New Teen Titans but slowly built the character up. I think that's what they should have done here, introduced him a few episodes back and then go with that. But, I'm wondering if we'll see the appearance of the Monitors, who were introduced as a race back around Infinity Crisis.

All in all, it was a good crossover, even though the whole body swapping thing didn't sell me.

I'm totally pumped for next year. Crisis on Infinite Earths is no doubt, the masterpiece story in the DC universe, and for those of you who haven't read it, has SHOCKING events, and to be told remotely correctly would need six or more episodes. Maybe the CW will run it as a limited series. I'm dying to see if they might have hero/villain cameos from yet unseen Earths, such as Ultraman, Owlman, Power RIng, Firebrand, Blue Beetle, Sandman, Dr. Fate, and others.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I’d love to see the return of Green Lantern.

A continuation of the Green Lantern Animated Series might be nice, too. It only ran for a couple of seasons, but in that time, it worked in:
  • A frontier so far away from Oa and Earth that it took 18+ months to get there even with a power ring. Translation: No reinforcements!
  • Red Lanterns
  • Other Lantern Corps
  • A prison run by giant Spiders
  • An artificial intelligence that wanted to be accepted as a real being
  • Ganthet
  • The Manhunters
  • The Anti-Monitor
  • A legitimate reason that Atrocitus (Red Lantern leader and terrorist) had for hating the Guardians. Seems those Manhunter robots went haywire and slaughtered frontier folk indiscriminately. ("Other than THAT, Mr. Atrocitus, how did you like the play?")
  • A Red Lantern soldier going from would-be mass murderer to hero
  • The idea that some of the Guardians are not very nice people. It is nice to think of the GL Corps as space police protecting the galaxy; but when Guardians go rogue, who protects you from them?
So much better than the live action Green Lantern movie …

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So, part of what Nora seems to be trying to do is to stop Barry from vanishing during Crisis in 2024. It appears that what she is going to end up doing is advance the timeline so Crisis happens in 2019.

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I actually predicted way back when the pilot episode of Flash debuted on TV that the "Crisis" referred to in that future newspaper clip referred to the Crisis on Infinite Earths that I posted on the Blu-ray.com forums. The problem I have is that Grant Gustin recently gave some interviews about Flash and Arrow lasting longer than seven seasons. But, with these actors getting older, it's doubtful that the show would last long enough to hit that 2024 future date, as featured in that newspaper article. Meaning that the "Crisis" mentioned in the article would happen during the 11th season of the series.

But, I'm curious whether future events would involve Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Identity Crisis, Millenium, One Million, Legends. But, I'm hoping it's done right and not rushed. What made Flashpoint fail was that the storyline focused on the war between Atlantis and the Amazons and they confined the storyarc to one episode. That adaption should have have been done.

But, what I would like to see is a television series based on the original Omega Men comic/team, the one from the 1980's and the Omega men's war with The Citadel, or turn that into a crossover arc with the Arrowverse titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks