What's new

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
That The Flash is supposed to be setting up the structure of the DCEU going forward, it unfortunately seems like it's a film that needs to be seen in order to appreciate the changes that will be made. I haven't decided what to do, but I'm inclined to think I'll skip the theatrical release and watch this on HBO Max when it eventually shows up there.

Ross Gowland

Second Unit
Real Name
Ross Gowland
He also ran a cult in Iceland and groomed a 12-year-old girl. He’s a real bobby dazzler.

I still don’t think he’ll be in The Flash when it comes out.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I expect this to be canned as well. A new broom is sweeping through Warners and this mess can be attributed to the previous failing management.
Actually, isn't this mess being caused in its entirety by a lead actor that appears to be very mentally unstable and is in serious need of professional help? I don't think previous WB management had much control over Ezra Miller's mental health issues, which appear to worsen with each passing day.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Here is the quote David Zazlav said last Thursday about releasing The Flash.

David Zazlav said:
“We have seen ‘The Flash,’ ‘Black Adam’ and ‘Shazam 2.' We are very excited about them. We’ve seen them. We think they are terrific, and we think we can make them even better.”

Now, Ezra Miller has been charged with felony burglary in Vermont.

The only problem with it is Ezra Miller. Recast him for reshoots and problem solved.
Miller is the lead and they are in almost every scene. It's not like Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World with a smaller supporting role. Taking them out would mean WB essentially has to make the whole movie over again.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Put the movie first!
I don't think it's that simple. The Flash is already budgeted at $200 million. In order to essentially remake it, they'd have to pour another $200 million or so into it before marketing and distribution costs. A movie generally has to gross two to three times its budget in order to break even.

So then you're talking about a movie with a $400 million budget. Before they add in another significant marketing spend.

I'm not arguing for keeping Ezra Miller in a moral sense. I don't want to see it with Ezra Miller. But just mathematically, I don't see a scenario in which it would be possible for the film to turn a profit if they have to remake it.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
But just mathematically, I don't see a scenario in which it would be possible for the film to turn a profit if they have to remake it.
Right, which is exactly what happened with Solo. Lucasfilm fired the directors and remade most of the movie. I’m not suggesting that’s model behavior for film making, just that Kennedy put the movie first. Obviously, no one is going to repeat that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks