Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Title: The Flash (2022)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Drama

Director: Andy Muschietti

Cast: Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton, Kiersey Clemons, Sasha Calle, Ben Affleck, Ron Livingston, Maribel Verdú, Saoirse-Monica Jackson, Rudy Mancuso, Ian Loh, Richie Lawrie

Release: 2022-11-03

Plot: The Flash travels back in time to prevent the murder of his mother, an act which disrupts time significantly.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I know there's an old thread for The Flash movie from 2003 (YIKES!), but there are only a few posts in it and only one as recent as 2019. So, with all of the movement on this film lately I thought it might be best to start a new one. The first "teaser" was released today, with a nice voiceover by none other than Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne, along with some footage of his cowl and (almost) his Batmobile. We also get a good look at Barry Allen's new suit. Here's the video:

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Hmmm... I wouldn't hate that, but it sure seems unnecessary. It's not like the DCEU movies have had a cohesive universe like Marvel's. They're barely related as it is. What the film series needs is a fresh start. Maybe this can give it that.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The old date for The Flash was one week before Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. So one of those movies needed to move. I'm not surprised Warner Bros. blinked.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Weird, that article says Shazam 2 is coming out on Dec 12, 2022. That's a Monday.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Maybe the film's star will have stopped assaulting people by then.

My wife and I rewatched Fantastic Beasts 2 yesterday in preparation for the new film, and I made a poor taste remark about how “I wonder if he’ll get arrested again while we’re watching the movie.” When the movie ended, the news came out that that’s exactly what happened.

There was always something about him as an actor that I found vaguely off putting, one of those feelings you can’t quite explain or justify where you just don’t like the performer but can’t say why. Hearing about his private conduct does not make it any easier to watch his films. At this point I’m not going to give up seeing Fantastic Beasts 3, but I also don’t want to subsidize this behavior by giving money to his future endeavors.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I rewatched Fantastic Beasts 2 yesterday in preparation for the new film, and I made a poor taste remark about how “I wonder if he’ll get arrested again while we’re watching the movie.” When the movie ended, the news came out that that’s exactly what happened.

There was always something about him as an actor that I found vaguely off putting, one of those feelings you can’t quite explain or justify where you just don’t like the performer but can’t say why. Hearing about his private conduct does not make it any easier to watch his films. At this point I’m not going to give up seeing Fantastic Beasts 3, but I also don’t want to subsidize this behavior by giving money to his future endeavors.
I guess the counterargument is that there's probably another thousand people who worked/are working on The Flash that aren't acting like him and their work doesn't deserve to be ignored or dumped in with Miller's poor behavior.

As an aside, when I saw the latest Fantastic Beasts, alls I could think was that Miller was the poor man's Adam Driver. It was the long hair he's sporting in that movie that makes me think Kylo Ren but once I thought it, I couldn't stop chuckling when he was onscreen.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I guess the counterargument is that there's probably another thousand people who worked/are working on The Flash that aren't acting like him and their work doesn't deserve to be ignored or dumped in with Miller's poor behavior.

I agree. I am likely to see The Flash, or at least base that decision on whether or not the film itself seems worthwhile when it is released.

On the other hand, I don’t know that I’d want to support a new film or show if they decided to cast him tomorrow.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
alls I could think was that Miller was the poor man's Adam Driver. It was the long hair he's sporting in that movie that makes me think Kylo Ren but once I thought it, I couldn't stop chuckling when he was onscreen.

I’ve totally had that thought before!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I agree. I am likely to see The Flash, or at least base that decision on whether or not the film itself seems worthwhile when it is released.

On the other hand, I don’t know that I’d want to support a new film or show if they decided to cast him tomorrow.
Something tells me you don't have to worry about him getting cast in anything new for quite awhile. Even DC movies that might have been planning to use The Flash are now asking Gal Gadot if she'll do a cameo.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Updated logo revealed @ Cinemacon

FRT4bV2WYAIYWcM

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members