The Flash (1990-1991) series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kramer Lowry, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Kramer Lowry

Kramer Lowry Second Unit

[​IMG]

2. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    The Ghost and Mrs. Muir is on DVD?!?!?

I want Flash, but the other is greater!

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I would love to have this cancelled to soon show on dvd.

Smallville spoilers
    Their will be an episode of Smallville where a Kid Flash (Bart Allen) will appear. Hopefully, they can get John Wesley Shipp (the Flash from the tv show) to make a cameo.

4. Kramer Lowry

Kramer Lowry Second Unit

[​IMG]

5. Burn Rourk

Burn Rourk Agent

I'd love to buy this series. I remember they did a pretty good job with it. I'm a fan of all things DC, and a complete series set would be a most appreciated addition to my collection.[​IMG]

6. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Percebe, this comes from the same Warner Bros promotional piece that has caused problems over the past few weeks. Nowhere in the pice does it say the shows featured as background photos will be released on DVD. The piece talks about how Warner Bros is celebrating the 50th anniversary of Warner Television.

I'm not trying to shoot the messenger by including your name in this, I just want people to be aware that all these Warner rumors are highly speculative and should be treated as such.

Gord

7. Kramer Lowry

Kramer Lowry Second Unit

[​IMG]

8. Gord Lacey

yup, that's what Bill posted at The Bits, mostly in response to DavisDVD.com claiming they did "research" to learn what Warner was releasing, then retracting their "research" later.

Gord

9. Rodney

Rodney Supporting Actor
    Supporter

The only thing I remember about this show is M. Emmett Walsh in a hospital room talking about being shot, rubbing his shoulder and saying "...I was out the next day hunting him down".

10. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

The only thing I can remember was that the doctor-lady was hot.

I guess we all have our priorities.[​IMG]

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The Flash is NOT coming at this time. I've been newly assured that it wasn't even on the radar scope, and that people at Warner who would know for a fact if it was in-the-works were simply flabbergasted at the Internet rumors. Their faces looked like this: [​IMG]

The silver lining to this dark cloud, I would hope, is that the controversy has put the show on the DVD department's radar scope. No way to know for sure that it has, but we can hope. Keep voting for the show at TVShowsOnDVD (genuine votes: 1 per household from people who WOULD buy a DVD if released...no "voting for friends" and no creating multiple accounts (we'll know about the last one) and no inflating the count), and we'll continue to bring it up to Warner, as we've done for a long while now.

Amanda Pays ("Dr. Tine McGee") was indeed hot, and she also was in her first breakout role in Max Headroom. If she had some new film coming down the pike that stood out, then WB might try to release both Flash and Max Headroom as a tie-in to it. However, she is relatively low-key these days in the biz: she's married to Corbin Benson (L.A. Law's "Arnie Becker") and she primarily does work on her "StylePays" collection of interior decorating designs. In 2002 she started hosting a show on the Fine Living Network called Breathing Room, which of course is about interior decorating, but I have no idea if that show's still on anymore.

Can we depend on Ms. Pays for a new project that would tie in to The Flash? Mmmmm...I don't think so. It sounds like it better be Batman (Returns) to the rescue! Warner could tie in Flash to Batman, much like they tied in the release of Wonder Woman's first season to the film debut of the 2nd Spider-Man flick.

12. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Tory, just to address this: No, not the TV series. The original great film that inspired the series is indeed on DVD, as part of the 20th Century Fox Studio Classics line-up (spine #6 out of the two dozen that have streeted so far...I have every one!).

I'd love the TV series myself, but so far there's been no word.

13. BrandonJF

BrandonJF Second Unit

WB would have better luck promoting a release around Mark Hamill's Trickster appearance than around Amanda Pays (if she had any draw, I'd have Oxford Blues on DVD by now!). That show had quite a few kinda impressive guest stars.

The WB network thought the Flash character had enough name recognition to promote a recent Smallville episode around...well, the Smallville version of the character.

With how well superhero movies are doing, I'd think this would be a no-brainer.

14. Gord Lacey

Last year I suggested Warner have a mini-promotion for their superhero lineup of shows (since they have so many of them). Maybe we'll see something like that in the future.

Gord

15. BrandonJF

BrandonJF Second Unit

Not to derail the topic too much, but anyone else remember when the people who were involved with The Flash briefly adapted another DC property into a series on ABC?

I remember The Human Target with Rick Springfield starting pretty much after The Flash ended. It didn't survive quite as long as The Flash did...

16. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

There was a blurb on AICN the other day:

If this ever gets off the ground maybe they will do the tie-in around release date. Still, could be some years off.

17. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Brandon, I do. It was created by Pet Fly productions, who also created the Flash. I have all of the episodes, even the alternate pilot. It was an interesting show to bad it wasn't even given a full or even 1/2 season. If I remember correctly. Their was only 7 or 9 episodes.

18. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

Who's "David"?

19. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

David Goyer, writer/director of "Blade: Trinity"