1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Fith Element DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Wooten, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

hi. i picked up the fith element as one of my first dvds a while back and i was highly displeased with the disc.. the reason was it had no extra features AT ALL. now some of u might not like this movie... but i LOVED it. so the other day i hear that there is a new dvd coming out on it.. so i rush to imdb only to find that as far as their edition details go.. it only has DTS as a new feature.. (granted i am very pleased to hear that). if anyone knows anything more about this please let me know.

2. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

This has been discussed before, so I'll only give you a short anwer: Luc Besson doesn't want an Fifth Element SE.
    This new editon is gonna be a part of the Superbit releases. You can find numerous threads on this forum on what Superbit is all about.

3. Rudy R

Rudy R Auditioning

4. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

thanks rudy.. my problem now is gettin this thing because i can't read it on amazon.de lol! [​IMG]

5. Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G Second Unit

I love this film also. One of the most fun sci-fi flicks I've seen, IMO.
    This new release has nothing new or extra on it. The Superbits line (of which this is one) will all be stripped down to the bare movie so that (in theory) they can provide improved picture and sound quality. Like you said, it'll have DTS and that's about it.
    This is all fine and well, and I certainly might consider picking up a Superbits copy of a movie I don't already own, but I'm not feeling an overwhelming urge to go out and spend my money on another edition of a film that doesn't have anything more on it than the previous edition does. I suppose I'll consider it if I hear the picture is SO good that it's like Milla Jovovich was right there with me... [​IMG]
    IMO, the lack of a Special Edition on this movie is very disappointing.

6. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Hey Matt.. go to Alta Vista Translator and you'll get an understandable description of the features. In short: it's a 2-disc set, 3 "Making Of", 2 "Behind The Scenes", biographies and filmographies, trailers and spots.

7. Jack Smith

Jack Smith Agent

will the german region 2 version play on my sony s7700 purchased in los angeles?

8. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

if that player plays all regions then yes.. my thing is i need to order it from somewhere.. if anyone knows any good import sites let me know... PLEASE. thank u
    [​IMG]

9. Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson Stunt Coordinator

Greg R
    are the extra features on this German disc available in English, or just German? I see it has a DTS ES english track which is great but would the features be lost on me? How does one purchase this disc in the states? Thanks!

10. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    T5E was already pristine in the video department, even blown up on a big screen so I really can'y imagine the new version looking any better. I expect that the sound will be an improvement. What really disappoints me is the lack of full-bitrate dts. They are using the 1/2 bitrate scheme. I still plan on buying this and Air Force One though, unless the reviews say otherwise.
    orangeman
    ------------------
    Neil's H.T. Site
    (plus large selection of H.T.Links and movie images)

11. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    A word of warning to all interested of the German SE:
    First of all, your player needs to be region-free, secondly it needs to be able to handle PAL, and lastly you need a PAL capable display device, otherwise picture quality will go down the drain when you convert (well, maybe not that bad, but certainly worse than any NTSC release).
    Don't make me say "told you so"! [​IMG]
    -Christian

12. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

The Fifth Element Super Bit DVD will be a big improvement over the first release.So what if the DTS track is only 754 instead of 1509,it will be better then the 384 Dolby Digital version.I didn't spend over 50 grand on my theater to watch extras that are non-anamorphic and in pro-logic .If the only way to improve the audio and video is to get rid of the extra features then I'm all for it.