What's new

The first hints of Star Wars in 4k.... (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
But I agree that his "plans" for the PT and the ST were loose. He wants us to believe he wrote out a true master plan for the whole series before he shot a frame of "Star Wars", but that's a crock - a loose outline is the most he did, proven by the fact that Darth/Anakin wasn't picked to be a Skywalker until well into the writing process for "Empire"!

This is true. The Leigh Brackett drafts of Empire make explicitly clear that Annakin and Darth Vader are NOT the same guy (also the film actually has a happy ending and Lando dies).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
...and uses his supposedly journalistic platform to promote stolen content.

Preferring the original versions to the special editions does not entitle one to engage in bootleg distribution nor does it justify promoting piracy.

I’ve noticed an unhealthy trend among people who comment on his site’s social media outlets. If the studio release isn’t 100% what the commenter wants, just as often as not, someone comments that that now entitles them to pirate the content. And I’ve never once seen any action to either shut down that discussion, ban people or remove those comments.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Preferring the original versions to the special editions does not entitle one to engage in bootleg distribution nor does it justify promoting piracy.

I’ve noticed an unhealthy trend among people who comment on his site’s social media outlets. If the studio release isn’t 100% what the commenter wants, just as often as not, someone comments that that now entitles them to pirate the content. And I’ve never once seen any action to either shut down that discussion, ban people or remove those comments.

that is unfortunate.

I am hoping a Star Wars UHd Blu Ray set is out next year.

interesting the transfers are from 2013.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

I would not call the files stolen as they were not created by any corporate entity in the first place. One could argue that the prints were stolen but then the prints were most probably destined to be destroyed and somebody got them before they went into the dumpster. This is usually how collectors got their prints in Germany.

In any case it would be nice if we could discuss the original trilogy on (UHD) Blu-ray and not why people see the need / feel the right to scan ancient prints to get back to the movies as they were at their initial releases.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
"But of the three films, Jediseems to offer the least increase fine detail. It’s in no way bad looking, it’s just notable that Jedi seems to be the least improved of the three in detail over the Blu-ray release."

...does Bill know what J-D-C Scope is?

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
...does Bill know what J-D-C Scope is?

I have to admit even I don’t know the difference between JDC and countless other anamorphic formats. I will say Return of the Jedi as never looked right to me. Every shot looks claustrophobic- like wide angle lenses were forbidden. Was this a cost-cutting measure on Lucas’s part? Less screen area to design and light?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I have to admit even I don’t know the difference between JDC and countless other anamorphic formats.

JDC is actually a conversion process for non-Panavision cameras and spherical lenses (in the case of Jedi, they used Arriflex BL-3's and Cooke Varotals). Pretty much every film I've seen from the 80s that was shot in that format (Poltergeist, Jedi, The Mission, Blue Velvet, etc.) has this sort-of house look of being somewhat soft and flatter in depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks