What's new

The first-ever official Star Trek comedy series has been ordered... (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't think The Orville came into play. When you are brainstorming four new Star Trek shows, it doesn't take long for someone to say, "a 30-minute comedy!" That was probably the second idea in the room.
I agree. This is all about maximizing the brand. Multiple series structured in the original series/TNG/Voyager/Enterprise mold would get old quickly.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think this has potential, but it really depends on how they go about it.

If it's not considered canon, by all means, then have at whatever in whatever fashion they want.

But if it's meant to be canon, then it needs to derive humor from the situations naturally, rather than using the Trek world elements as fodder for laughter. It shouldn't cheapen other non-comedic shows also existing in the same world.

If this is being brought to us by the guys who do Rick & Morty, I hope they don't bring pop culture's most toxic fandom with them.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I don’t know this Rick and Morty and I don’t know who this Mike McMahan is. They say he’s a fan. I guess we shall see.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Animation isn’t a bad idea for a series as it worked well with Star Wars but comedy? No thanks.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks