What's new

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They've always got to make things more complicated than they have to be. I guess the Bucky thing is making the back history fit the Winter Soldier storyline instead of the other way around.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
First we had the first photo of the new SPIDER-MAN costume, now we've got one of CAPTAIN AMERICA, courtesy of MANIA.com:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It doesn't look half bad.

BTW, the photo is from Entertainment Weekly. The other sites have been picking it up.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I know, I don't tend to visit Entertainment Weekly, Mania, I do, so, I credited them, but, yes, the source, as it's indicated on the photo, is indeed EW.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The gray straps dont seem to serve any purpose and are distracting.

Remove them, and it would look much better.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Joe Johnston rarely makes a really special picture, but his movies are always adequate for their purpose. Jurassic Park III wasn't a great sequel, but it wasn't a bad one either.

Official poster:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by JonZ

The gray straps dont seem to serve any purpose and are distracting.

Remove them, and it would look much better.

Looks like Rob Liefeld designed this costume.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I believe that Caps will be parachuting into battle at least once in the picture, so it's possible that there's a parachute built into the suit that the straps attach. I like them, because they give the suit texture, and remind me of American paratroopers during World War II:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Looks pretty awesome. Skinny Chris Evans. So, is he fighting Nazis or not? If it's all Hydra, that'll really be lame. How will general audiences relate to that?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H linked from the movie's official site with a movie tie-in logo should ease your mind, since it opens with this panel:

The film's synopsis reads as follows:

Born during the Great Depression, Steve Rogers grew up a frail youth in a poor family. Horrified by the newsreel footage of the Nazis in Europe, Rogers was inspired to enlist in the army. However, because of his frailty and sickness, he was rejected. Overhearing the boy's earnest plea, General Chester Phillips offered Rogers the opportunity to take part in a special experiment... Operation: Rebirth.

After weeks of tests, Rogers was at last administered the Super-Solider Serum and bombarded by 'vita-rays.' Steve Rogers emerged from the treatment with a body as perfect as a body can be and still be human. Rogers was then put through an intensive physical and tactical training program. Three months later, he was given his first assignment as Captain America. Armed with his indestructible shield and battle savvy, Captain America has continued his war against evil both as a sentinel of liberty and as leader of the Avengers.

Basically, Red Skull seems to be Hitler's lieutenant, and Hydra seems to be his own private army.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks for that. The current Avengers cartoon has removed the Nazis from the equation and there was some talk that the movie would do the same. I don't really like it for the cartoon, but it couldn't work for a movie where the audience doesn't know what Hydra is and expects WWII to be WWII.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
^ There are quite a few foreign markets that don't allow Nazis in children's programming, which is why I think they made that change for the Avengers cartoon.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I nice little spot - but I was hoping for more footage. Looking foward to this one, and hope it doesnt disappoint.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm just going to keep my expectations really low, and hope Joe Johnston and company can entertain and even surprise me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks