What's new

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=32353

Some superhero costumes, like Iron Man, make fairly easy transitions to the world of movies. Others, like Captain America, prove to be a little more difficult. What works in the comics doesn't always work well with an actor actually having to wear that costume. So I've been curious to see how they were going to adapt the Captain America suit for Chris Evans to resemble the original design but work within the WWII world that Joe Johnston is creating for the film. I got an exclusive look at one of the approved costume tests for CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER and while I can't pass along anything here, I can describe to you what I saw.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
AICN claims to have official concept art of the suit:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45326

You know, I can mostly live with the design, but that material is just bizarre for WW2. I know, I know . . . a 97-pound weakling becomes a super soldier, but I can't accept anachronistic material? I'm just thinking if it was that basic design using standard WW2 materials, it would be that much better.

And, of course, I hope his modern day suit goes even closer to the classic comic suit.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, the classic comic suit is used as a costume for Rogers's USO propaganda tour. It's when he gets out there to actually do the fighting that he wears the suit that AICN posted. What fascinates me is the idea of seeing World War II as it existed in the shared Marvel film universe.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Looks fine for the modern suit.

I thought it was pretty much set in stone we were gonna see a more historic look for the WW2 footage.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Dum Dum Dugan has been cast http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/06/07/neal-mcdonough-confirms-captain-america-role-bowler-hat-howling-commandos/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+splashpage+%28MTV+Splash+Page+Blog%29&utm_content=Twitter
Late last week, reports surfaced that "Band of Brothers" star Neal McDonough would return to his World War II roots as Dum Dum Dugan in "The First Avenger: Captain America." We're happy to report that the casting has been confirmed by a very reliable source: none other than McDonough himself. "I'm so excited — I'm playing Dum Dum Dugan," the actor revealed at the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday. "It's going to be a blast with Chris [Evans], Sam Jackson, Tommy Lee Jones and everyone else. It's going to be fantastic. We're going to tear it up!" McDonough is already growing Dugan's trademark mustache and plans to wear the character's signature bowler hat. He also said that the Howling Commandos are a part of "Captain America," though the squad's name could change between now and shooting. "I'm not sure at this point. It may change — I'm reading a few things that it might change," McDonough said of the Howling Commandos' name. "But at this point, it still is. All I know is that I'm going to kick some butt and it's going to be a blast." Indeed, McDonough is going to kick plenty of butt, as the actor gleefully revealed: "Oh, I'm going to see a lot of action. [I'm] the go-to guy, so I'm very happy with that."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
When is this scheduled to begin shooting? It would seem like it would have to be soon.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd rather see a Howling Commandos film than what they are planning here. Of course, they have queered that idea by casting Jackson as Nick Fury.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
A couple more pics....

cappy1.jpg

triangleshield.jpg

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, no. In the new Avengers cartoon, Captain America never fought the Nazis. It was Hydra and the Red Skull sweeping across Europe during WWII. Is that going to be the case here? It sure looks that way from these pictures (starting with image 4 of 10):

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20385926_20437910,00.html

Wiki still has mention of Adolph Hitler and the Nazi party, so maybe there's hope. I don't think the mass movie audience will respond well to the villains of WWII being recast as the fictional Hydra.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Also the new Captain America comic mini series seem to imply that Bucky was a deep cover Russian spy and that the Skrulls were somehow also involved.

Huh

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks