What's new

Pre-Order The Firm: 30th Anniversary (1993) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81ODZauVKZL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Jeez, why do they always have to plaster Cruise's face over 75% of the packaging? Does that really help sell movies? Or is he the type of actor that insists on having their mugs front and center? Having said that, I do vastly prefer this artwork over the obvious photoshop job of the old Bluray.

On another note, Paramount continues to roll out the old DVD to BD to 4K ugrades and I, for one, couldn't be happier. I remember a time, not long ago, when Paramount seemed like they couldn't care less about physical media. I wonder what made them do a 180.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
We already have this on Blu-ray, and to be honest it looks good enough for the handful of times we pull it off the shelf; my wife is a bigger fan of the film than I am, but I remember seeing it in theaters when it came out.

IMO, Paramount needs to get cracking on some different cult titles like The Warriors, like they did with The Haunting and Escape From L.A. (maybe even release a good 4K version of the Jonathan Mostow thriller Breakdown, which has been relegated to a non-anamorphic DVD in the States -- I don't think there was a Region 1 BD that was released).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Breakdown was released on a Paramount Presents Blu-ray a couple of years ago. For those of us that stream, there is a 4K/Dolby Vision digital available since 2020.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Breakdown was released on a Paramount Presents Blu-ray a couple of years ago. For those of us that stream, there is a 4K/Dolby Vision digital available since 2020.
Thanks Robert; didn't know that it was released as part of the Paramount Presents line. Maybe one day it will get a physical 4K release then (for those of us who don't stream).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks Robert; didn't know that it was released as part of the Paramount Presents line. Maybe one day it will get a physical 4K release then (for those of us who don't stream).
It should get a 4K/UHD release because apparently the Blu-ray is sold out according to most retailers.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
It should get a 4K/UHD release because apparently the Blu-ray is sold out according to most retailers.
Funny you mentioned this -- I was JUST going to ask you if you knew whether it was still available or not...

:(

Guess I could find it used on Amazon, but usually they're selling titles for FAR beyond what they're worth (films I have been looking for on BD like Scream Factory's Exorcist II and Kino's Meteor boast ridiculous asking prices on the used market).

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Just read some reviews of the Paramount Presents release of Breakdown; seemed like a decent enough transfer with Dolby TrueHD audio. Definitely would have made a nice upgrade from the non-anamorphic DVD.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I expected to see a 4K UHD of Breakdown by now. All of that desert scenery in broad daylight should look spectacular in 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks