Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough has published a new article.

The Finest Hours Blu-ray Review

finesthourstop-150x150.jpg

A docudrama with the same basic tone and texture of The Perfect Storm, Craig Gillespie’s The Finest Hours tells a gripping story of a...
Continue reading the original article.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Really enjoyed this old fashioned adventure film. Sad that a 3D version hasn't been announced. Definitely picking up. Thanks for the review.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I knew it had a 3D domestic release, but the film was such a disappointment at the box-office that I certainly didn't expect a domestic 3D release. And given how so much of the movie involves a lack of depth perception due to the horrific weather conditions, I wonder how effective 3D would be for this title. I'm sure the scenes in the engineering room would be very immersive, but nothing else would seem to be.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Japan is the only country with a 3D release? I am interested in getting a 3D import

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
I see a 3D release from India and from the Czech Republic, but they also listed a 3D release for Cinderella!

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Japan is the only country with a 3D release? I am interested in getting a 3D import
I got mine from eBay. It was released in India last week. 3D is medium throughout, and the movie itself is okay (a B-), but a decent framily-friendly, old fashioned story. Audio is DTS-HRA 7.1 (vs. MA), but nonetheless excellent. I have a Yamaha 3050, so upscaled to 11.2 via Neural:X and it sounded great. For 3D, snow is often in foreground, and there are other decent 3D depth effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks