What's new

The Final Countdown - ??????? (1 Viewer)

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
The only thing they seem to be able to get done is charge our credit cards right away. These people are bringing new meaning to the word "incompetent". Or maybe the word is "thievery", who knows?

Deane

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
Yeah, I'm getting a little nervous too. I ordered a copy as soon as they opened it up for pre-order and they immediately charged my CC as well. Not good business, IMHO.

Miles_S

Auditioning
If you have read the reviews of The Final Countdown

in region 2 and your cc's have already been charged

I would seriously start worrying.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I ordered 2 copies at the end of December and my credit card was charged. I spoke to them today and asked them what was up. They gave the same story about the lab. So I will give them until the end of the month. If nothing definite is know then. I will have them give me a refund, which they said they will do.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
I don't have concerns about losing the amount charged to my credit card, that's relative peanuts in the scheme of things. I can waste more than that on a trip through McDonalds.

I would just like a good quality anamorphic DVD of the movie. If their delay is caused by wanting to make sure it's an outstanding technical job, that I can applaud. What I fear is that it just clumsiness, and that it will be reflected in the DVD quality.

I find it hard to understand why companies in general can't understand that just telling people the truth and telling them what is going on works so much better. I find that people do best when they know the truth.

Deane

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
What really surprises me is they haven't taken the opportunity to log on to the Home Theater Forum and give us a "from the horse's mouth" status report of the title. I know from reading earlier posts, they have been advised of this forum and the high interest expressed in the dvd. It was even suggested they jump on with a periodic report. But, they seem to have gone into hiding for one reason or the other. It certainly wouldn't take much time for them to give us a first hand report.

HankM

Second Unit
They are a real class act, charging everbody for something that should have been delivered Jan. 15th 2002.:thumbsdown:

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
Maybe they needed the money from us to train somebody to handle making the discs ;)
Let's hope it gets here one of these days.
Later
Jim

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Called earlier this week and left a voice message. A woman named Wilma called back and left me a voice mail saying that the status from the lab still holds for a release this month. Well, they only have 1 business week left... but no screener copies, no cover art, no specs are in sight?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks