What's new

The Final Countdown - This Week? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I had 2(1 copy for me & the other for dad) charged to my credit card in January. I gave them until May 1st. Then I called and had then cancel my order and credit me out. 3 days later my credit was given. If they finally release it. I will reorder it.

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
I heard that the '0' region version has a horrible transfer not unlike looking at a well worn VHS. And besides, if it is like other Region '0' discs that interest me and has to be shipped from the U.K. to the U.S.A., the price is almost doubles the street value. Now if someone can point me to where I can purchase Region '0' and other region DVD's here in the states, then maybe....
$8-$9 shipped free worldwideLink Removed
Transfer is adequate and it’s in the correct aspect ratio. However, even though it’s region 0 it is PAL not NTSC.

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
Steven, their listing is incorrect. I’m looking at the cover now and it’s region 0. Only extra is a trailer. This disc is strictly a stop-gap until someone (other than PFE hopefully) takes te time to do it right.

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
The region 4 PAL DVD is pretty good if you have multi-region capability; and from what people are saying about the region 0 DVD, may be of better quality.
It's around $11-$12 shipped from Australia. I'm pretty happy with the picture quality, but a lot of what people actually get depends their ability to convert from PAL to NTSC.
Here's the listing at ezydvd: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/3556/id=hm0c7:cbe61

Jonathan.e

Stunt Coordinator
Here for a review of the R4. Scroll down to the bottom for reference to the R1 Sp Ed!
Not personally had sight of the R4 but it doesn‘t sound like there’s a lot to choose between the UK R0 and the R4 disc. Obviously there are no region coding issues with the UK disc and it’s a little cheaper although still PAL like the R4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks