What's new

The Final Countdown SE due 3/30 (1 Viewer)

Sten F

Second Unit
Just got the 2-Disc beauty.

Has anyone noticed that the print on the two disc has been switched. The disc that says "Widescreen Edition" is the bonus disc, and the disc that says "Bonus Disc" is actully the film itself.

What a bummer!

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

That happened with copies sent to the press for review. There was a note from Blue Underground that the mistake affected only those copies, and that it had been corrected for the copies that would be going to consumers. Make of that what you will, but it sounds as if you got one of those advance copies.

Did you trade for your copy or buy it from a second-hand retailer?

Sten F

Second Unit

Well, I bought it of Ebay, though it was factory sealed with the hologram insert inside the transparent keepcase... numbered 16852/100000.

The UPC code has a black line across it. Don´t know what that means, though.

Does that makes this version more Limited than others? ;)

Also, where did you read about this mistake?

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
I have had the 2.35:1 wide screen since 2001 which is Region 4 (AU), with high end mod I seen this movie not as the lbx but used the pal only x,y, scaler to raise the vertical height. No a true anamorphic, but then I did my homework and found a icos (Intelligent Code Operating System)had a x,y, Scaler for use with PAL! To my total amazement at the time I found a USA based firm that would install it and sell it with a new player, with their own 1 year guarantee. I still have it and 3 years of watching a higher than LBX, the high end mod was for real. The reason I have it because of the vertical height as black bars are still seen on the release by Force Video (FV655). They like many others put the word stereo on but I knew is was a 4.0 Dolby Pro_Logic sound track.

This dvd was released with chapter versus the USA firm that didn't have any chapters that ran like a VHS called Pacific Family Entertainment that put everyone down for a year but I had it already with the above ICOS mod and Dolby Pro_Logic, remember I use headphones(not Loudspeakers) and a dolby Pro_Logic decoder based on the Helmut Haas "Haas effect".:)

I still bought the 2 disc USA blue underground, but was amazed it didn't seem any different than my R4 disc!:)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I caught reference to this DVD coming out after an article on dvdtalk and noted the thread here on it. Never heard of it before (I was born in '79, after al :D ). I'm a sucker for history and for time travel stories, so I rented it from greencine. Very good movie! I watched it at work on a PC, so no comments on the soundtrack/video quality (projector at home), but I was impressed with the movie itself.

I'm glad there was a release buzz on it, otherwise I wouldn't have ever noticed it.I'll be picking it up sometime in the future.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter

Well, I'm a member of the press. When I got my copy, it had a note explaining the mistake and that it affected only the advance copies.

Sten F

Second Unit
Thanks, for the info, Randy A Salas

These advance copies to press are they common for all titles released? You seem to know about this.

Hmmm, aren´t DVDs with minor print error on the disc likely to be rare... just like a stamp with errors on it?

I´m sure there are many other titles that has print errors on the disc or cover.

Anyway, beside from the little print error on the disc it´s excately the same as the ligitimate retail copies. Nothing to worry about.

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
This site kills me,

Here I am just average joe thumbing thru the forums when I spot a movie title I have not seen in years - It was a great movie - Now on top of the other titles I must have :D I had to order this one from amazon... I really hate the word limited!!! Oh well its on its way....

Thanks to all you great movie buffs for reminding me of all the good movies I have seen...

And teaching me what to look for in quality

EDIT - of course I realize now that there is other editions available... Not just the limited version..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks