What's new

The Fifth Element to be remastered and re-released on BD (1 Viewer)

MarekM

Supporting Actor

yup confirmed, I think with 20bit/48kHz audio dolbyTrueHD and PCM tracks..

Marek

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

Those, in fact, were almost paidgeek's exact words. Look at the back of the packaging for Dolby TrueHD to verify you're buying the new remastered release!

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
You have a GREAT site here, so thanks for asking.
This is only "me" speaking, so no BIG deal; you may have had "the" best video posters on the web at one point. However, constant bad mouthing from poster w/36" SD Analog Displays scared a few away. All so, "The War". Some have moved to higher ground, yet others have fallen off the screen completely, sometimes just to carry on with their "other" life.

I think the forum is run about as well as a www A/V forum can be run. If you had made posters of lesser knowledge not be allowed to voice their opinion, it would not be the open forum that you should be so proud it is.

And, "The War", has been ugly, ugly, ugly!!! What could/can HTF do about that? Ban more members? That's not what I think you like to do here. Parcel bans maybe (for a short time or a single forum or even from a single thread) or maybe separate HD Discs forums, butt I've seen unrelenting ugliness on those types of forums as well!

Over all, job well done!
Just remember: this is a niche of a niche!!!

All the best,
E.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Brett, thanks a million for the post. I am looking forward to this release, and it is good to see that Sony is taking care of it's customers.

Thanks again.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Excellent news! I have to admit that when I originally heard this news I attributed it to overzealous fanboys. I'm very glad to be wrong. :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
They probably won't ship overseas, although I couldn't find any of the "rules", let alone one saying so.

Well, perhaps I'll keep the current one for demo purposes.

Cees

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Cees,

as this things often go, the (crummy) first-release will probably become a collectors's item! ;) Remember that Little Mermaid laserdisc with the Left/Right audio-channels reversed?

Sometimes the mind spins wondering how these things catch on... But it could certainly make a good demo to A/B with the new disc: A good demonstration of how important it is to start with a proper source and use transparent compression.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Might be true! :)
Well, I just ordered the new one. I think I will compare the diva scene on both first, the moment I'm able to play BD (still hoping for that combo player!).

Cees

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
You are probably right. I still have a copy of the recalled DVD of Frank Oz's "Little Shop of Horrors".

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Thomas,

I have that same DVD. Pissed me off that Geffin wouldn't let them keep that BW footage of that original ending. :frowning:

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I agree. The BW footage of that original ending is great.

I picked mine up the day of release just hours before it was yanked and have had many offers to sell the DVD since, but it is one I think I will keep.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I've got the Definitive Collection Star Wars LDs missing those vital seconds of Leia welding on the Falcon. :)

I believe I also have the Star Wars disc which what was touted as the best sound mix on home video.

I can't wait for us to all fight about the sound mix whenever they hit HHD DVVD BVD.

For anyone not in the know:
http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/archive/episode.php?id=242

Romar Armas

Second Unit
Finally, Fifth Element done right. I hope. I have the LD, DVD and the Superbit DVD of FE. I was quite disappointed after reading the reviews on the original BD release. Can't wait for the remastered version.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
It should right the wrongs of the first release. Paidgeek has seen the new transfer and image and it sounds like it's legitmately improved (ie, what we all hoped it would be).

and 20-bit TrueHD with no Dialog Normalization! Woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks