What's new

The Fifth Element SE (CONSOLIDATED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
How many R1 releases for Leon/The Professional does this make? 4, 5? I've honestly lost track.

They really seem to be out to milk their customers for all they can get.

Rolando

Screenwriter
what was wrong with Leon superbit? I know I had to exchange my non-superbit Leon for faulty 5.1 was it the same for the superbit?

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
quote:leon is a superbit as is fith element

Come on Mike, at least show your source for that excellent cover
wink.gif

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
s*it sorry thought i did my bad

props to the kick azz dvd debate for the awesome coverart scoop they also have menus !

any news on the fifth element art?

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
quote:what was wrong with Leon superbit? I know I had to exchange my non-superbit Leon for faulty 5.1 was it the same for the superbit?

Picture? not much difference, although some say the SUPERBIT has a ton of EE. It's the audio comparison between the SUPERBIT(both the DD and DTS tracks) and the corrected International that caused so much stir.

A search in this forum will bring up more discussion. Don't want to hi-jack this thread.

Yes, that Leon cover is beautiful!! Looks as if I'll purchase it (after all) for the cover, place my INT version in place of the SB, and use it as a coaster.

Gary Burdick

Stunt Coordinator
quote:How many R1 releases for Leon/The Professional does this make? 4, 5? I've honestly lost track. They really seem to be out to milk their customers for all they can get.

Unless I'm mistaken there have only been 2 Leon releases, the "International" edition and the superbit. Then there is also the regular "The Professional."

Rolando

Screenwriter
so this would be the 4th release...

I assume a corrected Superbit was released like it was for the non superbit right?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
quote:Looks as if I'll purchase it (after all) for the cover, place my INT version in place of the SB, and use it as a coaster.

Wouldn't it make more financial sense to just wait until someone makes a cover scan available to download (which will take no time at all) and then just switch out the International cover with this one?

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

noooooooooo that is nasty and leon looked so good oh well hope the disc makes up for it

image from dvdanswers

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Oh, look! Somebody's first Photoshop montage! How cute!
thumbsdown.gif

And their best quote is from Owen Gleiberman from EW? "This is the ride"? What does that even mean?

And why is the cruise ship on the cover *twice*?

And the motion blur behind the police car is just *so* classy.

Terrible.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Can we fire every Region One DVD designer now. This has to end.

I think Columbia got this guy on loan from MGM, and they asked him to make the ultimate shit DVD cover. And here it is - the worst DVD cover ever created. Thanks for shitting all over my favorite movie Columbia!!!

God I'm mad.

p.s. to the designer: I like the cop cars flying in from the right - looks like their trying to kamikaze that boat. Classy touch.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
i will never buy a re-release cthv title again
till the next one !
will this be a line of ue discs ?
now that everyone has superbits is this there idea of selling films to us again

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^ I wonder when CTHV will release the Fifth Element: Leeloo Dallas Multipass Edition, which is essentially this new UE, an uglier cover (if such a thing is possible) and the superbit video track (no DTS tho, you'll have to wait for the Fifth Elemet: Super Green edition for that)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Didn't Fifth Element have a international version as well? For some reason I thought the French release had a little more too it.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
DVDTimes is now saying that the first DVD will be the Superbit version.
frown.gif

Too bad - I was really hoping for an audio commentary or two.

Guess I'll have to wait for the next release.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
quote:Didn't Fifth Element have a international version as well? For some reason I thought the French release had a little more too it

not heard of that b4 i did think he might knowing how much he loves his native france

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks