What's new

The FBI (1 Viewer)

shepboy62

Auditioning
Real Name
mike devincent
It would be nice if Warner Bros released these old shows while those of us (older) still alive folks would be interested in them. If they wait too long, there won't be a market for them. The time is ripe now. I'd love to see a lot of them mentioned here -and may more as I'm sure thousands of other people would.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by shepboy62

It would be nice if Warner Bros released these old shows while those of us (older) still alive folks would be interested in them. If they wait too long, there won't be a market for them. The time is ripe now. I'd love to see a lot of them mentioned here -and may more as I'm sure thousands of other people would.

Hi Shepboy,

I would agree with you that the window is closing on the older shows, especially TV shows in late 1950 and 1960s. People watching shows from those time frame would be in age from 56-75, so the longer they wait the more the market shrink.

I also think there is a good opportunity to youth of day to be introduced to classic shows, especially in lieu that reality TV shows seem to flavor of the month. I was born in 1968 and i am only interested in classic shows, so hence my dvd collection. I have a few friends that i hangout with that like the classic shows as well.

I also actively participate in forum and conversation as it relates to shows/movies from 1960-1990. I am slowly introducing my girlfriend to the shows/movies from that area. She actually likes several of the movies. So, i have hope that the classical TV will continue to live on.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
When you are dealing with certain shows, they are certainly "of their time". I grew up after all of the Warner detective shows were off the air and while I've tried getting into them, the only one I've found that I can take is Hawaiian Eye, due to the presence of Connie Stevens and Robert Conrad. The others put me to sleep. But if you talk to someone who was a kid when they first came on the air, they love all of those shows, despite the poor and recycled plots, the bad studio bound cheap sets, etc. Unfortunately, some shows do not hold up very well once taken out of their era. Ever try to watch Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In these days? Painful. But getting back to the original point, I think the main audience for the early WB shows are people who are now in their 60s who grew up on the shows and those people are dying off by the day. The longer it takes, the more the potential sales decreases.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
One WB show, that wasn't mentioned on that list was one of my favorites: Wizards and Warriors.

James

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

One WB show, that wasn't mentioned on that list was one of my favorites: Wizards and Warriors.

James

That ran 8 episodes I think. If we started adding all of the series Warner did that ran for a half season or less, we would have a few hundred shows on the list.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I have never seen "The FBI" and look forward to seeing it.

Is there anything that it is comparable to ??

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Originally Posted by shadyguy

I have never seen "The FBI" and look forward to seeing it.

Is there anything that it is comparable to ??

The only show close to it was Dragnet in that it told what happened to the Criminals after the end of each episode. The Show began with the Perpitrators commiting the Crime, then Efram Zimblist Jr. and Company went into action to bring the Criminals to Justice.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I hear it was on for 7-9 years, so it hey must have been doing something right !

As much as I like Dragnet, I hope this show is not as stiff in acting as Webb & Morgan were !

I believe this is another QM production, so what years was it on ?

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
"The FBI" ran from 1965 all the way to 1974. It's a pretty nifty series, in a generic police-procedural way. Not nearly as good as those earlier, more character-driven drama shows from the earlier-1960s. But it sports nice guest-casts and that familiar Quinn Martin finesse. I seem to recall some of the scripts in the 1st-season were occasionally a bit far-fetched and relied too much on coincidence, but by around the 3rd and 4th seasons, the series is rather solid.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
The first Season did not have the Narrator (It may have been William Conrad (Cannon) who did this) telling the Fate of the Criminals.

IMO off all the Series Quinn Martin did this one was his best!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I think the narrater was, Marvin "The Millionaire" Miller. I like the way he pronounced," Inspector Lewis Erskine". He made Lewis sound like it had four syllables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks