What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Winner of two Academy Awards including Best Actor (Anthony Hopkins) and Best Adapted Screenplay, The Father arrives on Blu-ray courtesy of Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

The Father (2020)

Released: 26 Feb 2021
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 97 min

Director: Florian Zeller
Genre: Drama

Cast: Olivia Colman, Anthony Hopkins, Mark Gatiss, Olivia Williams
Writer(s): Christopher Hampton (screenplay by), Florian Zeller (screenplay by), Florian Zeller (based on the play by)

Plot: A man refuses all assistance from his daughter as he ages. As he tries to make sense of his changing circumstances, he begins to doubt his loved ones, his own mind and even the fabric of his reality.

IMDB rating: 8.3
MetaScore: 88

Disc Information

Studio:...

Continue reading...

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Nearly perfect performance? Really? I'd say it was a completely perfect performance. And what is a "somewhat too realistic" character study? For me, this was last year's best film - acting, writing, directing - it should have won every award it was up for.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
To me this is a great example of a horror movie. It's scared me more than a lot of movies whose sole purpose is to scare me. I mean *really* scared me. A lot of that is the superb writing; most of it is Hopkins. I can't think of anything fundamentally scarier than living through this experience. I'm in awe the way the entire team who worked on this movie dramatized what to me is one of the best horror movies I've ever seen. I'm sure I will watch it again, but not for a while. I can't recall being so affected by a movie in a long time. Just a perfect piece of cinema.

Thanks for the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks