What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Fate of the Furious may not match the best of the series thus far (Furious Five), but it offers plentiful action amid the usual personalities and a few new faces to the franchise that won’t likely disappoint fans.

Disc Information

Studio:
Distributed By:
Video Resolution:

Aspect Ratio:
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating:

Run Time:
Package Includes:

Case Type:

Disc Type:
Region:

Release Date:
MSRP:

The Production:

Video:
3D Rating:

Audio:

Special Features:

Overall:

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My prior post about this release:

Okay, I just uploaded my digital codes for those downloads and the timing of those downloads don't match the deleted scenes on the disc.
The Digital Copy of the Extended Cut is 148 minutes and 14 seconds long.
The Digital Copy of the Theatrical Cut is 136 minutes and 21 seconds long.
Something is amiss so I retract my earlier comments as there must be more missing footage than just those two fight scenes which are the only two scenes listed on either disc as deleted scenes.
So there is a total of 12 minutes of more footage on the Extended Cut of the film. Everybody needs to realize that little nugget. What is the footage beyond those two fight scenes? I don't know, but I have too many new discs to watch so I won't be watching my Digital Copy of the Extended Cut anytime soon. At least, I verified my Digital Copies for both cuts of the film are in UHD. I'm still not happy about that missing extended version crap from Universal. Bad job on their part!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Will have to rent it before I decide if I want this movie. If I do decide to get it then it will be 4K UHD BD.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My prior post about this release:

That's a bizarre choice on behalf of Universal, but thanks for doing the legwork and figuring out that there's a substantial difference. The extended versions of Fast Five, Fast & Furious 6, and Furious 7 were not substantially different - I think 5 and 6 had less than a minute's worth of different footage, and Furious 7 was less than three minutes that were different.

The thing is, if someone is purchasing this title specifically on BD or UHD, it's because that buyer is looking for better visual and audio quality than streaming is capable of providing. So I can't imagine a digital-only extended version is of much interest to anyone buying the disc. If it was on the disc, sure, but I know when I buy this, I'll be watching it in the highest quality possible, which means I'll be watching the disc, not the stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks