What's new

The Fast and the Furious tricked out edition. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
When I purchased T2 today I also picked up The Fast and the Furious tricked out edition. I figured what the heck, it was only $14.99 and came with a free movie ticket to the sequel. So it really only cost about $7.50. What can I say, I really enjoyed the first one and am looking forward to Friday to see the sequel. Anyway, my question is, is there any difference in the picture or audio quality compared to the first release? If not, I might just take it back due to even for only $7.50, why should I waste $7.50 for no reason.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Hey Jeff, where did you get it for $14.99? I was just wondering this because the lowest price on DVDpricesearch was like $18 at Best buy. But, hell, for 15 bucks, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Target $14.99 along with T2 $14.99 and Blackhawk Down SE $24.99. My friend at work is going to buy my original so I am keeping the Tricked Out edition.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
To quote DVDFile.com's review:

Here's a lesson on how not to reissue a DVD. Are you ready to be Tricked Out!? How about just plain ripped off? ...Apparently too tricky to include this time were the 18-minute "The Making of The Fast and the Furious" and "Editing for the MPAA" featurettes, the unexpurgated visual effects montage, storyboard comparisons, multi-angle stunt sequence, "Movie Magic" effects plate build-ups and all the music videos. In other words, aside from the commentary, anything that actually helped us learn about the making of the film has been excised in favor of extended commercials for the upcoming 2 Fast, 2 Furious sequel.
In other words, if you already have the original release you'd actually be down-grading by buying the so-called "Tricked-Out Edition." As for the MovieCash, you can just pay for your ticket to 2 Fast 2 Furious outright and still come out ahead!

If you don't already own the movie and you don't care about the extras that were dropped, $14.99 (or $7.50 with the ticket) is a pretty good price. Otherwise I'd spend the extra $5 it'll cost you to buy the original release.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Thanks Kenneth, you have convinced me. I am keeping the original and taking back the Tricked out edition. Although I heard one out of every 25 discs comes with a free vinyl NOS sticker! Just kidding ;)

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
Are both versions still going to be available or will the original go OOP? I'd like to pick up at least one version of this movie, but not sure which one.

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Universal knows exactly what they are doing. The key is the consumer is "Tricked Out" of $14.99 and not the disk.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ I thought this version removes many the relevant extras from the original and added fluff instead...?

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I just got the tricked out edition as a gift and opened it up. Didn't get a movie ticket or a booklet. My question is are they still coming with a movie ticket and did they come with a collector's booklet?

Any info. would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Chris_Eff

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the tricked out edition a couple weeks ago (And they had a copy of the original :angry: ) and the movie ticket expires on the 22nd of June. I bought this one over the Collectors Edition because it looked like it had the old extras presented in a new way, I did not own the CE and a free movie ticket.

So I bought a dvd with an expired movie ticket, an enhanced viewing mode that can only be watched with the commentary from the old CE and fluff material for 2f2f. Now for the great part! The only two new extras (how to trick an import and 2f2f prelude) will be on the 2f2f DVD.

My advice is to dig deep and find the CE somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks