What's new

The Far Side is returning (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hope it ends up good and not an example of the old adage that you can never go home again.

I hope it does not become a hollow shell of itself like Peanuts and Garfield did.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
SUPER NEWS! Now, if we can get Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson to come back...we'll all be in 7th heaven.

I both do and don’t want it to come back. Watterston never sold out and never diluted the quality of his work, and it’s a pretty incredible body of material that stands the test of time. I’d be worried that it would be hard to recapture that. But of course I’d read anything he wrote.

I both wish he did more work and also respect the hell out of him for not cashing in and not putting out stuff that he doesn’t think is up to his highest standards.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I both do and don’t want it to come back. Watterston never sold out and never diluted the quality of his work, and it’s a pretty incredible body of material that stands the test of time. I’d be worried that it would be hard to recapture that. But of course I’d read anything he wrote.

I both wish he did more work and also respect the hell out of him for not cashing in and not putting out stuff that he doesn’t think is up to his highest standards.
Remember how good and appropriate his last strip, Sunday, was. He sent Calvin and Hobbes off in style.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
SUPER NEWS! Now, if we can get Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson to come back...we'll all be in 7th heaven.

If it comes back on the Internet, perhaps. Newspapers these days don't provide enough space for even mundane comics to look good – much less comics that need a lot of space, like Calvin and Hobbes.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I had the privilege of attending one of Larson's show years ago at the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History, what an eye opener. On display was almost all his original art work that had to do with nature. It showed his thoughts on a certain subject and how it evolved into the finished panel. Quite an enjoyable experience.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had the privilege of attending one of Larson's show years ago at the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History, what an eye opener. On display was almost all his original art work that had to do with nature. It showed his thoughts on a certain subject and how it evolved into the finished panel. Quite an enjoyable experience.
First Harryhausen, now Larsen. [Daffy Duck]you’re...you’re despicable![/Daffy Duck]. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks