What's new

The Fall Guy: Season 2 ... coming ? sorta ? maybe ? who knows! (1 Viewer)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't look for it to appear anytime soon. Remember that license rights are different for other countries and everyone knows that other countries get DVD TV shows releases before the United States does.

LCD22

Screenwriter
That's the only thing Fox got right... the cover artwork. Fox, if you're going to release Season 2 in the States, please secure all of the music this time. Thanks!

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
Season two is coming to DVD in the UK next February. Expect an announcement for the US any time soon.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
So it seems to be announced in most regions now and available to pre-order aswell. So hopefully R1 will be realized shortly.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Ben King said:
Season two is coming to DVD in the UK next February. Expect an announcement for the US any time soon.
Well, that's one hurdle out of the way. Now the original music....

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
when will you guys ever learn? music rights, again, are different in the U.K., in Germany, in the Netherlands then they are in the United States ... don't look for the original music to appear in a North American Region 1 release for the set ...

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Music rights can't be the reason for the R1 hold-up. The German set of season 2 has most of the original music replaced, and the irreplacable stuff has been edited out, just like on the season 1 set.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Christian, actually it is ... everyone seems to think that since a particular release happens in Germany or the U.K. that there's an impending U.S. release and that simply isn't true ... while music replacement happens to releases in other countries it isn't always that way either ...

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Mark Talmadge said:
Christian, actually it is ... everyone seems to think that since a particular release happens in Germany or the U.K. that there's an impending U.S. release and that simply isn't true ... while music replacement happens to releases in other countries it isn't always that way either ..
Mark, generally I agree with you (Ally McBeal being such a case). But not in the case of "Fall Guy Season 2". Why should the hold-up be due to music rights when everything has already been replaced and edited out anyway? (Note that the German set also contains the US masters, just as was the case with season 1). My guess is the hold-up is due to sales and we can count ourselves lucky if it's being released at all.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Christian Preischl said:
Mark, generally I agree with you (Ally McBeal being such a case). But not in the case of "Fall Guy Season 2". Why should the hold-up be due to music rights when everything has already been replaced and edited out anyway? (Note that the German set also contains the US masters, just as was the case with season 1). My guess is the hold-up is due to sales and we can count ourselves lucky if it's being released at all.
Could the hold-up be that Fox has licensed "The Fall Guy" to Shout! Factory and are working out the music issues?
I don't want this series released again with similar treatment, and this is the one I've been the most vocal about.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
20th Century Fox releases their seasons sets of a particular title six months apart from one another. It could also be that Fox didn't make any money from the first season set. Also, Lee Majors probably owns a controlling interest in the series ... which wouldn't be a far off bet.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Mark Talmadge said:
when will you guys ever learn? music rights, again, are different in the U.K., in Germany, in the Netherlands then they are in the United States ... don't look for the original music to appear in a North American Region 1 release for the set ...
And some of us could care less about the music. I just want to see the show on dvd!

LCD22

Screenwriter
Bryan^H said:
And some of us could care less about the music. I just want to see the show on dvd!
Fine, if you want the same butchering as the first season. There is no point in releasing it here if Fox is only to going to put out what was released over there. We've waited since June '07 for what exactly? I want to see a music-intact season release the studio should've done the first time and not charged a higher than usual price point for no apparent reason. This is also the season when it became popular due to Markie Post joining the cast. Also, don't get me started over the fact that I dug the info on the music replacement and lack of disclaimer on the back for Season 1. I was already to purchase this when this came to light.
There’s a high cult audience for this, and as a very big fan of "The Fall Guy", I don't appreciate being screwed any further by Fox Home Entertainment. For agreeing to license out (especially) "Rhoda" and others to Shout however, they have my sincerest thanks. Why can't they do that for this one?
So no, I for one don't want to "just see the show on DVD".

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think it is just a matter of time before the R1 announcement of "The Fall Guy: S2". I could be wrong though. Hey, I love this show as much as the next guy and would definately prefer this to be released with all music intact. There were a couple of obvious edits in the pilot that drove me crazy. But to be honest i didnt really remember the music to well in the show. So i ended up enjoying the hell out of the R1 Season 1 set. I will be buying Season 2 as soon as it is available. If anyone finds out on whether the R2 set has the music intact or not, please be sure to post the info for us if you can.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Aryn Leroux said:
I think it is just a matter of time before the R1 announcement of "The Fall Guy". I could be wrong though. Hey, I love this show as much as the next guy and would definately prefer this to be released with all music intact. There were a couple of obvious edits in the pilot that drove me crazy. But to be honest i didnt really remember the music to well in the show. So i ended up enjoying the hell out of the R1 Season 1 set. I will be buying Season 2 as soon as it is available. If anyone finds out on whether the R2 set has the music intact or not, please be sure to post the info for us if you can.
I remember the music, and I can't seem to get away from an unfortunate luck I have with "The Fall Guy". Circumstances always steps in. It's something I've accepted a long time ago, and I'm getting off-topic here.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
ChrisCook said:
I remember the music, and I can't seem to get away from an unfortunate luck I have with "The Fall Guy". Circumstances always steps in. It's something I've accepted a long time ago, and I'm getting off-topic here.
I perfectly understand where your coming from. I have been in the same boat with a couple of other shows along the way. Maybe the R2 set will have music intact, which would be excellent for everyone. I wouldn't count on it, but maybe we will get lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks