"The Fall Guy" and "Six Million Dollar Man"

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by BrianNK, Jul 12, 2004.

1. BrianNK

BrianNK Auditioning

We need more staple eighties television on DVD and there's no finer examples for us guys than these two shows. Mr. Lee Majors, I salute you.

Now if we could only get Bill Shatner to admit to "T.J. Hooker", especially why he felt the need to drop and roll every time he pulled his gun from its' holster.

2. Dave Farley

Dave Farley Second Unit

SMDM and The Fall Guy are two I would buy.

3. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I'd get them both but Six Million Dollar Man is tied up in legal limbo. The Fall Guy is more likely and given the interest shown in the 80's TV in the market, I'm shocked I haven't seen any rumblings.

4. Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren Second Unit

We need The Fall Guy I agree. Lee Majors is a god. As for Shatner and the stop,drop and roll routine... well it was the 80's. You had to look stylish when chasing those criminals. Not like the bland 90's when "Gritty Reality" kicked in (Shudders).

5. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Speaking of Lee Majors and William Shatner, I found this interesting bit of news on a UK Lee Majors fansite:

Steve Austin teams up with Capt. Kirk!
    Lee is to film an ABC Movie of the Week with genre legend William Shatner and screen idol Robert Wagner,entitled ActionHeroesInc. The movie is intended as a pilot for a possible series and is about 3 ex-TV heroes who open a detective agency in LA to solve cases by pretending to play to roles of the characters which made them famous - similar to Steve Austin (Lee), Captain Kirk (Shatner) and Jonathan Hart (Wagner). The heart of the movie will be the relationship between the three friends as they fight ageism, remember lost loves, and re-discover what it mean to be true 'heroes'. It sounds like it might be fun for a movie of the week, but in the current teen-driven, action-orientated television climate, do the tv execs really think there is room, let alone ratings, for a show like this? It sounds more like fan-dream come true.

Sounds like it might be kind of fun, especially if played rather loose and tongue-in-cheek.

6. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

it sounds like something along the lines of Return to the Batcave, which was great. Looking forward to it.

7. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Now that SixMillion Dollar Man is coming, any rumors of Fall Guy? Also any thing new about that ActionHeroesInc.?

8. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    who says the 6 million doallr man is coming?

9. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

No, and no. Since Shatner ended up on Boston Practice, I assumed that ActionHeroes Inc. fell apart, though I haven't researched it to find out.

10. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

I am sooo waiting for The Fall Guy and T.J. Hooker!!
    I know T.J. Hooker was one of the choices which people could select for the TV-DVD poll which Columbia had earlier this year.
    I'm not sure how it did though.
    Does anyone know who owns the right to The Fall Guy??

11. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Fox owns it.