What's new

Disney+ THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The thing that many Marvel fans view as a feature, which critics and some other fans see as a bug, is that certain character arcs aren’t fully revealed or resolved in the span of any one individual entry. I fully expect that we’ll find out more about the Power Broker in whichever work follows this, whether it’s a future season, the next Cap movie, or a different MCU project. I didn’t feel unsatisfied because I’m sure it’s not the final word on the subject.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Just saw a YouTube breakdown which blows up the theory that Sharon could be a Skrull...

Remember how she takes off the high-tech mask (similar to one used by Black Widow in Cap: Winter Soldier) when she reveals herself to Bucky at the beginning of the episode? If she was a shapeshifting Skrull, why would she need such a device to conceal who she was?

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Just saw a YouTube breakdown which blows up the theory that Sharon could be a Skrull...

Remember how she takes off the high-tech mask (similar to one used by Black Widow in Cap: Winter Soldier) when she reveals herself to Bucky at the beginning of the episode? If she was a shapeshifting Skrull, why would she need such a device to conceal who she was?
Because that would tip off that she was a Skrull.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Sounds like season 2 is a good bet.
That article was a lot of speculation that would have been fine for a message board post, but hardly worthy of an actual article. Not to mention that a lot of the speculation was deflated once it was updated to mention the upcoming Cap 4.

And then
talking about Sharon's "old division" and automatically assuming SHIELD. She was in the CIA in her last movie appearance...

Now, I'm not saying that the speculation will be wrong. It could very well turn out to be accurate, but I just think there's more wiggle room in there.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Because that would tip off that she was a Skrull.

Tip off to someone within the show itself (ie. the MCU)? Or to the audience? She could have shifted back to Sharon before alerting Bucky.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
OK, I’ve got a few questions:
1) I thought Walker might be coming back to the light side, but if he’s teaming up with Valentina, what does that mean?
2). Who’s the guy who blew up the super soldiers?
3). Is Sharon Carter a traitor? If so that sucks.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
1. The character has a history in the comics of being a less-than-stellar dude.
2. Zemo’s butler
3. It appears so, but that’ll almost certainly be something explored in another film or series.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Kind of late to the party, but generally wanted to agree that the season could have stood to have a couple more episodes to develop things further.

I thought Walker's character arc was anti-climactic given the crazed prop making scene in the penultimate episode. But I guess he had to stick around somehow if they wanted him to continue as U.S. Agent.

Seeing Sam as Captain America was simply majestic, and his verbal dressing down of the GRC officials was just icing on the cake.

Beautiful scenes between Sam and Isaiah Bradley, and that little moment where Isaiah almost lets himself feel hope again was both heartbreaking and a promise of healing.

The news of a Captain America 4 is unexpected, but I'll be there on day one.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I’ve read that there was a thread in the comics in which Sharon Carter was under the influence of a supervillain and killed Steve Rogers. They could be going for something similar. Just a guess.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
I agree with most on this. I really enjoyed the show overall, but it definitely could have used at least one more episode.

I would have liked some more time spent on Walker, both before and after the incident. With this show being about the legacy of Captain America and if there should be another and if so whom then as one of the contenders I think this was the place to dig into his character more. Similar although to a lesser extent with Karli.

As far as Sharon goes not sure what I make of how they have gone with her, although willing to accept that there will be more opportunities to go into that, whether she is a Skrull or not at a later date.

Very happy with the two title characters and how they developed their friendship, their individual growth and how they fit into the MCU moving forward.

I enjoyed Zemo and the Dora's involvement, the first look at Madripoor and the action was on point.

It has been a pretty impressive start for their first two Disney+ shows.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is the subject of this week's Honest Trailer. Spoilers, obviously, for anyone who still hasn't watched the series.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Marvel will be publishing an art of book for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on October 19.

Here's the Amazon link so everyone knows what to look for if you're interested. I don't know how to make them HTF-specific so that referrals will go to to HTF, so you might want to actually make a purchase through a HTF link at the top of the forum under "Shop." If a moderator would like to edit this post to make the link work with the board's affiliation, please feel free to do so.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Interesting if true.

I hope that is not true.

I don't like Sharon being a double agent because I like her and I want her to continue to be a good person, but that doesn't mean it was ineffective to reveal her as the Power Broker. I thought that didn't work because there wasn't enough time given to us understanding her motivations and how that switch occurred. But they have gone there with the character already and I hope they will play the arc out through its natural conclusion.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Marvel will be publishing an art of book for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on October 19.

I'm quoting myself to update the date for the release of this book. Marvel has delayed its release and its new publication date is Tuesday, February 22, 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks