What's new

The Fact of Life (1 Viewer)

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Who in here would like to see The Fact of Life on tv box set in the future because you know I would and I would buy it just like that but I won't buy the first season but after that I would ?

DaveK

Second Unit
I would buy the first season ONLY if they package it along with the second season, like they did with Seinfeld.

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
I am square, I liked the first season with Sue Ann and the girls that never returned. If they do release season sets, include all of the shows.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I probably wouldn't buy it I used to watch it on TV and liked it okay but I wasn't a big fan I have to limit my TV on DVD purchases because I was spending too much every month and now I only buy the shows that I really like but I hope this show comes out on DVD because there are a lot of people who want it and it would bode well for other 80's vintage releases I like 80's series, those were my high school and college years and there are a lot of shows I like from that time I'm glad MacGyver is out, though I wish there were a few extras I'd also like to see more 60's series out on DVD as it is an underrepresented decade 70's too, while we're at it I'd like to see Mission Impossible, Wild Wild West, Get Smart, The Odd Couple and many more there are just so many I'd like to see more than Facts of Life I think I'll add some punctuation now...

!

;)

(Meant as light-hearted ribbing, please take no offense).

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
I think it is the obvious for Sony to release the Facts of Life on DVD. I too would prefer season 1 and 2 as one set.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I doubt Season 1 would sell unless it's released with Season 2, cause Season 2 marks the debut of Jo :emoji_thumbsup:

Come on Sony what's the holdup, it's obvious this is a most wanted DVD :angry:

DaveK

Second Unit
Does anyone remember the theme song for the first season of The Facts of Life????

LOL

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
This show was so ridiculous that I couldn't help watching. I would love to see a DVD release in order to revisit this show in it's entirity.

Even when it played on Nick at Nite many episodes were banned. Nick refuses to play this show. I don't know why. I believe it did well on the network.

It's like a bad train wreck that one can't help to pay attention to.

The defining episode of the series had to be the one where Natalie was the first to loose her virginity.

Dorrie,

Sue Ann and the other girls did appear after season 1. They were in a couple Season 2/3 episodes. They also returned near the end of the show for an episode. It's why some fans will argue about that episode in the 7th season made no sense with Jo being left out. Jo already met the girls previously and technically went to school with them.

Here is the list of episodes which the other girls appeared in:

Molly: Season 2: Episode 15
Sue Ann/Nancy/Cindy: Season 2: Episodes 22 & 24
Nancy: Season 2: Episode 27
Cindy/Sue Ann: Season 3: Episode 34
Nancy: Season 3: Episodes 38/41

Nancy/Cindy/Sue Ann: Season 7: Episode 163

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Does anyone know why Nick/Tv Land ditched this show?

It's not as if they are exactly for pure wholesome family comedy anymore.

This is the network that plays Roseanne and Three's Company.

I admit the first season of Roseanne was created with the wholesome family image in mind, but that show didn't stick around. It did get quite trashy after awhile.

Three's Company and All in the Family I wouldn't exactly call wolesome family comedy either. All in the Family was a show that especially caused an uproar at it's time of release.

So, why is this network so stubborn when it comes to this show?

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Alot of FOL fans say it's because N@N picked up Cheers so they ditched FOL, plus the ratings started to drop(heck they've kept other shows on that have been really low rated longer than they kept FOL)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Only season 1 for me. I had the biggest crush on Felice Schacter (Nancy). She was also in Zapped.

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
Season 1 was not the best season for me because they added too many people for me and I hate when they add so many people to the show so I said I'll waiting until season 2 comes out because they added the 5 or 6 people who was on the show which I like.

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for that info. That being said, if they do release season sets I hope they start from the very beginning and dont leave out season 1. I do remember those special episodes when they came back, I guess what I meant by never returned, they weren't like regulars anymore. I want all of them on DVD!

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator

Jo may have went to school with them, but she did not live with them in the dorm, so she was not as close to them. Plus, in seasons 2 & 3 Jo was a badass and really didn't socialize with them.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Why were they banned?

In case anyone didn't know, the DIFF'RENT STROKES season set has the first FACTS OF LIFE crossover episode on it, where Mrs. Garrett leaves to go to Eastland, so you can see most of the original cast.

FOL was on the last Sony poll as to what shows people wanted to have released on DVD. No word on what the results were for that.

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to the release of this DVD set season 1 and 2.

Benson s1 and Sliver Spoons s1 need to be released next.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks