What's new

The Expanse Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Looks interesting. I really enjoyed the first three seasons, so I will definitely be checking out this one.

BTW, I get the error message "Video unavailable. This video is private" for the clip in your second post.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
yeah, it was displaying fine yesterday, something must have changed. IT looked like the first 5 minutes of the next episode. Full landing sequence, etc.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I came across an interesting video on YouTube that goes into detail about the Expanse being dropped by SciFi and being picked up by Amazon. It is very much a YouTube video with the over the top "click like and subscribe" vibe but I did find it interesting.

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
This is why I don't watch SyFy anymore. I haven't watched it ever since they canceled Stargate Atlantis in favor of Stargate Universe. Personally, I always thought SGA was a better show than SGU and they ended up canceling the latter show after its second season. SyFy used to be all about science fiction but when they started getting into reality TV shows, they lost me as a viewer. It was shows like Killjoys, Dark Matter and The Expanse that brought me back. But, surprise, surprise, they canceled those shows as well. SyFy, being owned by NBC Universe, has a long history of canceling shows (despite their ratings success). It's why, for the most part, I don't get involved with broadcast or cable shows unless I watch the digital versions of these shows. SyFy's lineup consists mostly of Sharknado, Horror and Reality TV. Honestly, I don't think SyFy has a single SciFi series left broadcasting original first-run episodes. Not unless they plan on debuting some new shows for this coming summer.

I did finally sit through the fourth season, binge watching. It wasn't bad. But, it felt like quite a bit of it seemed to drag on and on, like there was too much filler content. But, considering where the future of the series is headed, there are going to be a lot of shakeups coming to these characters, especially after what happens with Earth in the fifth novel (season), Nemesis Games.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I binged the entire season. Didnt' drag for me. I do not think it is quite as strong as the first three seasons but it is close. I think they took Aversala's character in the wrong direction and made her too one note, but I found plenty to like in this season. I also don't like that they seem to be going GoT style with some of the characters.

Still, this is my #1 SF show.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I binged the entire season. Didnt' drag for me. I do not think it is quite as strong as the first three seasons but it is close. I think they took Aversala's character in the wrong direction and made her too one note, but I found plenty to like in this season. I also don't like that they seem to be going GoT style with some of the characters.

Still, this is my #1 SF show.
Yeah I agree with your assessment the political stuff wasn’t interesting

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I thought this season was great. Left me with quite the feeling of dread. Dark times ahead.

Can’t wait for season five. They’re in the middle of shooting it now.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I still haven't watched it. We rewatched S2 and S3 to get the GF caught up. Then The Witcher came out and we went down that rabbit hole.

Now we can enjoy S4 2-3 episodes at a time.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Well Season 5 has definitely come through so far. I’ve loved all the seasons they have made but this season has so far been very consistently good after 4 episodes - splitting the team up has worked really well and all the storylines for them are engaging

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filmfan101
Recent bookmarks