What's new

The Expanse on Amazon Prime (1 Viewer)

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Dave, a title change would allow the thread to remain current, perhaps avoiding duplicate threads. Something like: Amazon is streaming all three seasons of The Expanse, in HD, edited for TV, with only the first two seasons free on Prime, while also similarly streaming the unedited UHD versions of the first two seasons? That may need some editing. :rolleyes:

Is the reddit claim correct? Is the non-UHD season 3 now being sold on Amazon an edited for TV version?

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
51dvPWlQQCL._SX166_SY265_.jpg
While I wait for Season 3 in 4K to be released (is "dumped" the word?) on Amazon Prime, I've borrowed all the novels and novellas that are the basis for the tale from local libraries for my Kindle. The first novel in the series, "Leviathan Wakes" is a lot of fun. The video versions have helped me to more completely visualize the action, and the story is engrossing. It's full speed ahead as I race to get beyond Season 2.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
51Lrp2uVlLL._AC_US218_.jpg
Must read faster! If I finish Caliban's War, will I be up to the end of Season 2? If so, I'll then need to decide whether reading first or viewing first is better. No way I'll have Abaddon's Gate done before Season 3 hits Prime on 8 February. I'm assuming the 4K UHD version will also be available. Otherwise, I'll wait for it and have time to read the next novel in the series.
519yvQbys9L._AC_US218_.jpg

It's not surprising that Netflix has lost the European streaming rights after Amazon started producing Season 4.

After 7 months, the title of this thread will be accurate!

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I need season four so I can then watch it so I can then read the fourth book! :)

Also good news, Book 8 is up for pre-order. Last I read, the book series was planned for 9 books total, so it's encouraging the show could have a fully mapped storyline to adapt.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am working my way through Season 3, and this seems like two seasons wrapped into one. About halfway through the episodes, the storyline is wrapped up and a new one begins. It was very strange.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I am working my way through Season 3, and this seems like two seasons wrapped into one. About halfway through the episodes, the storyline is wrapped up and a new one begins. It was very strange.
Remind me what the transition point was. I remember that happening, but it’s more jumbled now between books and TV in my mind. :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Remind me what the transition point was. I remember that happening, but it’s more jumbled now between books and TV in my mind. :)

The entire proto-molecule / Earth - Mars war is wrapped up after Episode 6, which ends with the proto-molecule construct on Venus rising and leaving the planet. Episode 7 picks up several months later, with Harden's crew split up in different parts of the system, a new government in place, and the proto-molecule construct now transformed into a ring at the end of the solar system. It's really the start of another season.

Last edited:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Watched all 3 seasons of this on Amazon Prime. Definitely got hooked. A really well done SF show. I'm trying to figure if this show has some really low LFE in it. The cones on my old old Mirage BPSS Bipolar sub were popping like crazy through out this series. Trying to decide if my sub has finally reached end-of-life stage.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Watched all 3 seasons of this on Amazon Prime. Definitely got hooked. A really well done SF show. I'm trying to figure if this show has some really low LFE in it. The cones on my old old Mirage BPSS Bipolar sub were popping like crazy through out this series. Trying to decide if my sub has finally reached end-of-life stage.
Clearly the answer is yes, because that means you can buy new gear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks