The Exorcist: The Complete Anthology

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

So I saw this in a box at work for release on the 10th and I was surprised, I had heard nothing on this and I searched the forums but still no word....so what is the deal with this? Are these new transfers for the original films or what? Any details would be much appreciated.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
All I aks for, is a double-disc set with the Original S.E. and "Version You've Never Seen".

I don't understand why this doesn't exist.

I personally won't buy any of the sequels no matter what they're packaged with.

This deserves a proper release with both cuts of the original film plus all the extras.

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
so is it confirmed that The Fear of God documentary isn't included in this set? i dunno...i do have feelings that it will.

honestjohn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce

Donnie, it does. It includes the Exorcist Special Edition with all the extras and the TVYNSB. The first 1,000 units sold also come with a real snazzy Exorcist Beer Coaster that has "Exorcist II: The Heretic" printed on the label.
Best price I can find is $26.99 on Amazon. Not a bad deal.

http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/....jsp?OID=16039

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
On second thought, if it's packaged with individual keepcases inside, I'll buy it and sell the other two films on Ebay.

Excorcist beer coasters??

honestjohn

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce

Sorry, that was a joke, because that's what I'll be doing with The Heretic DVD.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm just guessing but since there has been zero info on this release, I think that guarantees that it's the same discs as before. It's just a cash-in/re-release to hit people buying horror movies at Halloween time.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
For what it's worth I remember seeing the announcement on other sites a few months back.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
For twenty-odd bucks, it's a nice pick up, if indeed every extra is carried over.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

Sad but true, isn't it? After all the talk and controversy, I ended up preferring the Harlin version (not that it didn't have faults of its own, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some people thought). Schrader's movie is just so dull and lifeless...this time was one instance where "the studio" had it right!

Thommy...M

Stunt Coordinator
For $26.99 I quickly pre-ordered this set. I've never seen any of the sequels and at that price no matter how bad those sequels may be, I won't feel ripped off.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck

Be about the same as buying both versions of the original and then renting the rest. Cheaper, actually.

I wonder if they've turned the Special Edition of the original into a dual-layer DVD; that actually might be worth the upgrade.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Exorcist III is a pretty damn good film IMHO. Has one of the all time jump out of your seat moments in horror.

Bill GrandPre

Senior HTF Member
I'll take Schrader's version over Harlin's any day of the week. Schrader's version is infinitely more appropriate in comparison to the original film and Harlin's version is everything the original isn't: it's a big, obnoxious Hollywood production with no substance.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

I agree completely, Mike. I think everyone (myself included at first) was ready to automatically despise Harlin's version because of the studio politics, and then to automatically praise Schrader's version as the poor underdog who got a bad deal. Well, I was surprised that I actually preferred Harlin's too. As you say, it has its faults for sure, but it's not as limp and sleep-inducing as DOMINION for me.

As far as I'm concerned, only THE EXORCIST and EXORCIST III are truly great films.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Druiz23