What's new

The Exorcist: The Complete Anthology (1973-2005) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
John Maher_289910 said:
Linda Blair does the best acting in 2. Not sure what the hell everyone else thought they were doing?!
You're kidding right, the first was her best, the second she seemed to be channling Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver in some of those outfits.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
darkrock17 said:
You're kidding right, the first was her best, the second she seemed to be channling Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver in some of those outfits.
Not kidding. I'm not implying the film is any good, because it couldn't be worse. I'm saying that she's the best thing in it.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"...but it's bad in an interesting way"I kinda like this comment. I mean sometimes it's true that even when the film is pretty bad, it can still be at least interesting. Or it can have good moments.I'm hyped, since I haven't seen the sequels in years. Can't remember much from 2&3 actually. Starting from pt.1, though. Perhaps w audio commentary this time.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've only ever seen the original Exorcist (both versions), and the more recent prequels (which I saw more out of curiosity to see the differences between Paul Schrader and Renny Harlin's approach to the material), but I've never seen the middle sequels.

Tempted to purchase, but I realize there's no way I'll watch these more than once, so maybe a future rental is in order. My inner collector appreciates that there's finally a release that puts these all together in one place.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tempted to purchase, but I realize there's no way I'll watch these more than once, so maybe a future rental is in order. My inner collector appreciates that there's finally a release that puts these all together in one place.

...and at $25 for the whole shebang!

I don't think I will ever watch any of the films outside of the original, but the
collector in me is also pining to pick this up...for completion sake...and the
cheap price tag.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Ronald Epstein said:
...and at $25 for the whole shebang!

I don't think I will ever watch any of the films outside of the original, but the
collector in me is also pining to pick this up...for completion sake...and the
cheap price tag.
That's my constant inner struggle... nice looking packaging, the original is undeniably a classic, and the whole set is at a price that a few years ago, I would have been tempted. I just don't have the space anymore to keep collecting without end... unpacking my new apartment this week, I already found that I've outgrown my shelves...and there's not much room to add any more!

I've still been buying the new titles I want right away, but for upgrades and catalog titles (excluding limited edition titles where the only way to guarantee a copy is to order right away), I've started asking myself "Do you feel like watching this movie this week?" and if the answer is "no", holding off.

Never would have imagined that space would become an issue before money!

(Still -- am curious to maybe try an Exorcist marathon around Halloween. And having never seen Exorcist III and reading some really positive comments here, I'm suddenly a lot more interested than I've ever been.)

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Was there ever an audiobook version of Legion? Sigh, I guess all of Kermode's efforts are in vain and that missing footage from III is to remain eternally lost, always to be just the disc, the trailer, and nothing else. And I'm betting that in terms of extras, the studios won't want to talk about their mucking with it.

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Ronald Epstein said:
The price is great...

...I would jump on this....

...but the other movies just aren't any good.

I already own the original Director's Cut (Version You Never Saw) release.
Ditto. However, it's been years since I've seen any of the others.
I might go for this set. I also have The Version You've Never Seen Digibook, so gotta give this one some thought. Excellent price, so it's not easy to resist...........

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
There's no denying EXORCIST II is not a good film...however it IS one that I never tire of watching. There is something that inexplicably draws me back for repeated viewings.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I just preordered it and found out it won't be out until late Sept. and I ordered another disc with it that's available now...I hate doing that.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Exorcist III is a great film that was damaged by the studio on its way to the theaters. The forced exorcism angle toward the end of the film derails the tense, eerie, atmospheric supernatural serial killer film that unspools up to that point. Still, I consider it a flawed masterpiece and a worthy companion to the original film. If you're interested in what it could have been, the source novel, Legion, is a cracking good read.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Via Reddit:
EhlHNoz.jpg

Awesome!
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/2f2qtx/linda_blair_as_regan_before_and_after_makeup/

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
John Maher_289910 said:
I look at that house and those steps, all day out of my window at work.
Have the steps become ordinary for you, or can they still creep you out?

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Has anyone gotten this set? I've read that DOMINION's aspect ratio has been cropped to 1.78:1.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm shocked anyone thinks E III is the "best" horror movie ever let alone better than the classic original. Crazy talk I say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks