What's new

The Exorcist on Blu-Ray? (1 Viewer)

I hope the original WB logo is added back to the original version because it adds to the creepiness in some odd way.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard

I hope the original WB logo is added back to the original version because it adds to the creepiness in some odd way.
I'll second that.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
What logo is that? I know Warner has some trouble to use the original logos from time to time, so this doesn't come as a surprise. But I don't know which logo they used originally.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Brian Borst

What logo is that? I know Warner has some trouble to use the original logos from time to time, so this doesn't come as a surprise. But I don't know which logo they used originally.
Someone can (and will) correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that it was their 1970's red logo.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It's the red, black and white Saul Bass-designed logo, which can vaguely be transcribed as this: \'. Warner adopted this logo when its parent company changed its name from Kinney to Warner Communications, circa 1972-73.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Oh yeah, that's right, Warner used that logo around the time. I first saw it on the non-remastered version of The Shining, and it had an eerie effect on me too. Looked good, but Warner dislikes it for some reason, otherwise we would've seen it much more.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the red-band worm logo is definitely a part of the Exorcist experience. It needs to be included.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Originally Posted by Brian Borst

Oh yeah, that's right, Warner used that logo around the time. I first saw it on the non-remastered version of The Shining, and it had an eerie effect on me too. Looked good, but Warner dislikes it for some reason, otherwise we would've seen it much more.
You mean the first DVD release for THE SHINING had it? I can't remember.. if so I need to find a cheap used copy. Love the logo. I think it fits the times better... When they replace it with the new logo it just feels odd, and just pulls the viewer out of the film I think.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger

You mean the first DVD release for THE SHINING had it? I can't remember.. if so I need to find a cheap used copy. Love the logo. I think it fits the times better... When they replace it with the new logo it just feels odd, and just pulls the viewer out of the film I think.
The unrestored version had it, I know for sure. I'd never seen the logo before and it was quite surreal to me, and definitely fit the movie. The image quality of the movie itself is crap, though.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
As a rule, I abhor the supplanting of old studio logos or fanfare for new ones on both TV and movies. The Exorcist is a good example of that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks