What's new

The Exorcist: Limited Edition 2-Disc Set?? (1 Viewer)

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I can't recall where I read this, but apparently the 5.1 mix on the Pan-And-Scan version on the first disc is the actual mix that was used on the 25th Anniversary theatrical re-release (this was the limited re-release, not to be confused with TVYNS). When it came time for the DVD release of the 25th Anniversary Edition, for some strange reason, they didn't include the same mix, which I've heard sounds better.
Of course, maybe I'm delusional and I only imagined reading the info I mentioned above. :frowning:
If this is, however, the case, then I would consider buying this new release only if they restored the original 5.1 soundtrack that was heard during the film's limited theatrical 25th Anniversary re-release. Even better, they can give the Anniversary edition a new EX mix like they did with TVYNS.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
That release date looks fishy, too. If it's interpreted in North American format (December 1, 2002) it falls on Sunday and if it's interpreted in European format (January 12, 2002, which could be the date that the person who created the coverart uploaded it into DVD profiler) it falls on a Saturday.
I think it IS a pullover job.

I called WB's main customer # today, and they knew nothing about it. But she indicated that it could still be an announcement for December that hasn't come through yet, and urged me to wait.

Still...there's nothing among WB's press materials for this. All coverart is available through there once it is available to anyone. Why would DVDProfiler have art that WB's database doesn't have?

I'm convinced it's at best a homemade job that got out of hand. At worst, possibly a hoax. Just my 2¢ worth. If I turn out to be wrong, then I'm happy for anyone who wants this. I already have the 25th Ann. version - it was the first DVD I ever bought! - and that is all I need for this film.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I saw that cover on dvd coverart.com B4 thier site went down. It is a home made cover that some one most likely uploaded to the profiler.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Wasn't there multiple versions of this release.
Like, a single disc, a numbered two disc, & one with CD?
Thanks for the list Mark.
Anchor Bay's 30th Anniversay version of NOTLD came in two flavors: unlimited 1 disc, limited/numbered 2 disc (1 DVD + 1 soundtrack CD).
DJ

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
So, that's eleven right, for NotLD!
Not just undead, unreal.

Oh yeah, and DVD Insider gave out a free disc, so an even dozen.

Way back in 97, of the three disc, the THX version was considered the best. Which is thought to be the best transfer now?

Back to X, The VYHNSB was with the updated [superior] soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks