1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Exorcist 7 Disc-Boxset: could this happen?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Lino Reno, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Lino Reno

Lino Reno Stunt Coordinator

It makes perfect sense:

1st disc - The Exorcist (1973)the Theatrical version

2nd disc - The Exorcist (2000)the "version you've never seen"

3rd disc - Exorcist II: The Herectic (1977)

4th disc - The Exorcist III (1990)

5th disc - Exorcist: The Beginning (2004) the Renny Harlin version

6th disc - Exorcist: The Beginning (2004) the Paul Schrader version

7th disc - entirely dedicated to extras

I would buy this one with my eyes closed! In fact, I would buy this right now!

2. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

So this is a wish?
    No offence but I wish you guys would explain this in the headers, you get my hopes up & then when I look at the thread.....[​IMG] [​IMG]
    It could happen but the sequels would have to sell at least 1/2 as well as the original & I don't think they did in this case....could happen though.

Me personally I just want a two disc set of the original version with the first disc dedicated only to the video for higher bitrates....plus it would eliminate the flipper.

3. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

There is a Exorcist III Special Edition in the works, which will be re-edited under Blatty's supervision. I would also like to see it titled onscreen as Legion and packaged as The Exorcist III with reversable packaging with Legion as the title. I can't stand this fine film being 'labeled' Exorcist III.

Anyway, the original cut of Friedkin's films needs a new transfer; the current DVD is good, but the "Version You've Never Seen" edition has a brilliant transfer, yet the new SFX and foley take me so far out of the movie that I need to catch a bus back home. Awful.

Exorcist II... as much as I love campy horror movies, I just can't stomach this one. Hilariously bad. Hard to believe that John Boorman directed this. [​IMG]

I really hope that Warner include Schrader's cut of The Begining, but I actually feel a bit sceptical. Does anyone know how Harlin feels about the original production? Did he see Schrader's cut? You see, if Schrader's cut is indeed the "masterpiece" that Blatty says it is, then that leaves a lot people with egg on their face. But in the interest of fairness, it should be included on DVD with a perfect transfer, 5.1, Schrader intro, commentary, etc.

4. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

My understanding is Warner is obligated by their contract with Schraeder to release his version in some form.

5. WillG

WillG Producer

I doubt there will ever be a boxed set like that because Warner, I'm sure, knows that most people are only interested in the original. Exorcist II is awful. Exorcist III has it's fans, but only achieves cult status. I don't think Renny Harlin's "The Beginning" did very well either. However, some stores are selling a 3-pack with "The Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen" "Exorcist II" and "Exorcist III" You can get it for a little over $20

6. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

How's about just a re-issue of the '25th Anniversary Special Edition' in a two-disc set with additional bonus material and the second disc for 'The Version You've Never Seen' cut of the film?

7. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

I think that's at least 5 discs too many.

8. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck

That didn't stop MGM from making the unrated cut of the original Robocop only available in the boxed set. Of course, that's a pretty affordable box if you really want it.

I wouldn't say a set like this for The Exorcist would be out-of-the-question.

9. Lino Reno

Lino Reno Stunt Coordinator

People not liking the 3rd Matrix as much as the other first two didn't stop Warner from announcing a gigantic 10 (!) disc boxset of the trilogy (yes, trilogy - they are releasing 7 (!) discs of extras!).

This Exorcist 7 DVD Box would make a lot more sense.