What's new

The Ever After appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I know this might sound odd having a thread in appreciation of the Movie "Ever After" however, I recently purchased this DVD after watching the movie numerous times in both theater and on cable television. Is it just me or is this movie simply wonderful? I love the cast and think Angelica Houston was divine and I thought Drew Barrymore did such a fantastic job in her role as Danielle. IMO there is so much to love about this movie such as the love between a father and daughter, the bitterness that arrises in families, new love, tears,and the innocence of our youth. The costumes were to die for and there was even bits of humour in all the right places. Maybe I'm just a helpless romantic but I truly love this movie and thought I would share my feelings for it and hope that someone else would feel the same.

Peace,

Eve

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
I ordered Ever After thanks to the "mushy tearjerkers" thread and wasn`t disapointed. It ads a few twists to the basic Cinderella story and I love how Drew Barrymore plays Danielle. And she looks cute, too :D
This movie has a good mix of romance, drama, comedy and a little bit of adventure and I like it a lot. Recommended.

derek

Second Unit
This is definitely one of our family favorites. Now only if they would release a special edition DVD anamorphic with lots of extras!

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I am just so glad that I was talked into getting this by my girlfriend. Its a really nice play on the Cinderella story, and I liked the way that they played Melanie Lynskey's character sympathetically as well. I hadn't really seen her in anything since her marvellous performance in Heavenly Creatures, so that was a nice bonus as well.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
A movie that ended up better than it should of. (I mean, it has Drew Barrymore. Not exactly the mistress of great film.) I found it highly enjoyable when I saw it in the theaters and currently own it on DVD. It was a good balance between getting it up to modern sensibilities and still keeping in the time period. No one felt out of place in the setting, unlike "A Knight's Tale". It helps that it is a fairy tale.
Course, I'm amused that all of these French people are speaking with British accents... :D
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks